“Inaccuracies” in the Song Database

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gigakoops
    Participant

It seems every week I see at least one song with wrong data in the song database. What I mean by this is the data in the database does not reflect in-game metadata. Here’s a few examples:

– “You Take My Breath Away” by Queen is devil tiered on vocals and keys in-game, but shows up differently in the database.

– “Sorry, You’re Not a Winner” by Enter Shikari is devils on keys in-game, yet shows up differently in the database.

– “City At War” by Cobra Starship is marked Mature Content in the database, yet shows up Supervision Recommended in the game (I happen to agree with the database here)

– Many of the GH:WT imports that are five dots in-game show up as four dots in the database.

– “What’s Up” by 4 Non Blondes is devils on vocals in the game, but show up as five dots in the database.

There’s more on there, but those are a few that came to mind.

espher
      Participant

So I’ll let pksage speak for this specifically, but I think there’s some sort of parsing magic happening to get these in place and it’s possible the tiering thresholds differ slightly. That would explain the consistent “one step down”, at some thresholds, since most customs have the same static values.

I believe the early stuff was done by hand, which may explain City At War.

pksage
        Keymaster

Since May or so, almost song data is pulled directly from the CONs that you download, so any inaccuracies happen in my parsers or elsewhere in the code.

So I’ll let pksage speak for this specifically, but I think there’s some sort of parsing magic happening to get these in place and it’s possible the tiering thresholds differ slightly.

This is almost certainly the case. At some point in the distant past, I calculated tier thresholds by looking at every DTA in my library and trying to figure out what rank value on the back-end acted as the cutoff for each tier. (Rank values go from 80 to 600, and the tiers are arbitrary divisions of that range.) At some point after THAT, I was given a DTA from the disc that had the cutoffs in it. Clearly one of the two was wrong, and it got messed up at some point.

Until Nemo built content ratings (FF, SR, M) into MagmaC3, I Googled the song lyrics every week and rated songs based on that, but there are a few instances where I’ve outright changed things (usually capitalization), and This City Is At War’s rating is probably one of those. I didn’t think anyone would notice. Congratulations!

I’ll get the ratings stuff sorted out and post in this thread.

Gigakoops
          Participant

Just an update, now it seems every single tier has been knocked down one dot on the info panel on every song I’ve looked at (save 0-dot tiers, which remain the same).

pksage
            Keymaster

After way too fucking long, this should now be fixed. There was a very old piece of code in the tool from before I parsed DTAs for every song. Back then, I had to scrape rockband.com for difficulty pips, and the way I handled that was subtracting 1 from every value. All difficulty values should now be correct for everything. Let me know if this is ever not the case.

Gigakoops
              Participant

Seems good to me. Thanks for fixing this up!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button