In game video/animation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    B Z
    Participant

First of all thanks to everyone on this site for all your hard and excellent work on the custom songs! It is greatly appreciated. My question concerns the video/animation when playing the game. My system is set up to play 3 guitars at the same time. I have unlocked the Guitar Immortal goal so I can play the keyboard track on a guitar. By using the All Instruments Mode I can play the Bass track, the Guitar track and the Keyboard track on guitar controllers.

When I try to play Hold Me Tight everything plays fine through the intro animation where the band is preparing to play the song. When the game cuts to the venue animation for the selected song I always get the “alternate” video/animation that begins with the white screen, movie style countdown from 5 to 3, then the color bars “test pattern” and then the “dreamscape” video/animation (with instruments flying in the background and no stage.) I’ve tried at least 10 times and have never played with the “normal” band on the stage video/animation.

I have a few songs that I have added a keyboard(guitar) track to and so far those only play with the “dreamscape” video/animation too. Is this the normal behavior for songs being played in this configuration? Is it even possible to play these songs with the band on stage animation? If the band on stage animation is possible, any ideas on how I can get that to work?

Playing with a guitar, bass, and keyboard enables All-Instruments mode, which forces the music video venue to always happen.

Oddbrother
      Participant

The only way to play in a different venue with All-Instruments mode is in RBN’s Audition.

I may be wrong, but I think the only venue that appears in all-instruments audition mode is the outdoor festival venue, because its background is pre-rendered like the music video venues. HMX claimed that AIM used only pre-rendered venues to keep the frame rate of the note tracks at 60FPS.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button