I have an electronic song with a constant beat, at 152bpm, but goes out of sync.

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Xenochria
    Participant

I’m trying to avoid having to do a tempo marker on every single measure, as it’s just something I figured was unnecessary as the tempo is hard, unmoving, and consistent (being electronic). No matter where I set the first measure to start, if I skip towards the end of the song, it’s gone out of sync by about a beat. Is there anything I’m doing wrong? Adjusting the tempo marker for each measure would mean that the tempo fluctuates in some way, but I’m sure it doesn’t as it’s entirely electronic with no live instruments.

BornGamerRob
      Participant

you don’t have to do a tempo marker for every measure. you only need to do tempo markers at the point where the song starts to become out of beat. sometimes that means more markers depending how often the song is not on tempo. however, this is just part of charting and there’s no easy way around it. it takes some time to learn and some skill to have in order to do proper tempo mapping. watch the tutorials, watch some videos, read some of the forum tips and you’ll be okay. but very few songs are perfectly tempo mapped out of the gate (although, a lot of current music seems to be produced, so it’s more likely to find tempo mapped music more frequently now).

VreyIsGrey
        Participant

In some cases, some songs will change BPM in small, unnoticeable amounts. For instance, Brain Power by NOMA has 170 BPM, but goes to 173 in the choruses.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button