[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

Okay. Finally got all the songs on there. Thank you everyone who helped. Last question. Is there a way to mute the backing vocals (the singers singing the song)? I try to use the rb3 mute vocals by turning the slider all the way down but it does nothing for the customs

Many customs don’t have multitracks like official Rock band songs have, so that is probably the problem here.

StackOverflow0x
    Participant

Here’s what I got from Syscheck HacksDen Edition:

http://imgur.com/a/zain9

If you can’t read some of the text on those images feel free to tell me and I’ll type it out!

Everything looks okay. Did you install the WAD as instructed by certain blue-screen videos? Try uninstalling it and reinstalling that WAD to see if that fixes it for you.

Stock123
      Participant

Everything looks okay. Did you install the WAD as instructed by certain blue-screen videos? Try uninstalling it and reinstalling that WAD to see if that fixes it for you.

Can you walk me through it? I don’t really know anything about WAD files or the blue-screen videos. I also don’t have WAD manager, but I can download it if you want me to.

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

Yes, you need to installed a WAD Manager to install those WADs. There are already videos on YouTube for this, so do that first.

Stock123
          Participant

Okay, I got a wad manager.

Kevin_V26
            Participant

Alright, I tried using the cheats yesterday. I made a gzt file with code manager and placed it on my sd card. I selected the cheats in usb loader gx, but the cheats aren’t working. I still get video venues. Any idea what’s wrong?

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

Did you try a cheat like Fast Startup, that’s guaranteed to work? Are you sure cheats are on? The loader should say it’s enabling cheats. Are the cheats in the right format?

When I tried using the cheat to disable video venues, my game would randomly freeze when I selected a song. Fast startup works for me though.

I only have gotten a few cheats to work so far, all in the .gct format after conversion from a text file by a cheat manager.

Confirmed to work in Neogamma (playing the original disc) for my system is Fast Startup, Max Songs Limit is 3000, and Auto-Play. I have not had luck with Concentration mode cheat yet (freezes upon selecting a song), but codes of that type aren’t really necessary for my mode of play.

What would be really cool is if a code was discovered to allow Overdrive deployment while Auto-Play is active.

I only have gotten a few cheats to work so far, all in the .gct format after conversion from a text file by a cheat manager.

Confirmed to work in Neogamma (playing the original disc) for my system is Fast Startup, Max Songs Limit is 3000, and Auto-Play. I have not had luck with Concentration mode cheat yet (freezes upon selecting a song), but codes of that type aren’t really necessary for my mode of play.

What would be really cool is if a code was discovered to allow Overdrive deployment while Auto-Play is active.

How does auto-play work? Does it just always play all instruments? And do the instruments automatically hit all the notes?

Correct. While still allowing navigation through menus and pausing a performance, the song will play any/all instruments AND vocals and FC the song but not allow overdrive deployment. For Big Rock Endings, auto-play only hits one fret and doesn’t cycle through the remaining frets, but at least it hits the end note, too.

It’s great for unlocking the “Almost a Million” and “Millionaire Club” achievements without lifting a finger, if you don’t have enough people or skill to maximize a score. You can also get automatic gold stars for some songs when playing Harmony versions of songs.

StackOverflow0x
                Participant

When I tried using the cheat to disable video venues, my game would randomly freeze when I selected a song. Fast startup works for me though.

Is this with the “No Video Venues” cheat? An older cheat had crashing problems.

alucardla
                  Participant

Did you try a cheat like Fast Startup, that’s guaranteed to work? Are you sure cheats are on? The loader should say it’s enabling cheats. Are the cheats in the right format?

Hi Stack, can you lead me to a cheat that can autoplay just other players. A way I can play with “autoplayed” band alongside me, so I can get the band bonuses e achievements from rock band 3, in dophin…?Thanx

StackOverflow0x
                    Participant

I don’t think I can. The cheat barely works as is. I don’t have a reliable enough way to get it to read the autoplay routine only after the first player has been initialized. Or even worse, it’s all or nothing.

Autoplay works with multiple players, but there’s not a way to have the stand-ins in your own band provide score, much less autoplayed score. And I have confirmed autoplay literally plays any instruments that are signed in, including alucardla’s.

I used it to get the Millionaire Club achievement because I knew I wouldn’t have enough players of my full set of instruments. Free Bird with all possible instruments and vocal harmonies (without going into All Instruments mode) just barely reached that goal. Small price to pay for achievement hunting, but oh well.

It’s a good cheat for those that have a backlog of other games to get back to, after exhausting everything that RB3 has to offer. I make it a point to try to play everything (lousy scores and all) as intended, with the best scores I can manage, and then max out my results however I can with autoplay.

(I’ll likely chicken out with Pro Guitar/Bass after Easy, though. I don’t have nimble enough fingers/hands at both ends of the Fender Mustang controller to successfully coordinate and cooperate with learning actual guitar.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 3,117 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button