[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,156 through 1,170 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    TrojanNemo
    Participant

Check your PM…was going to write something on here but I think this is more appropriate in a less public way.

TheThief
      Participant

Hey emunand/virtual nand users,

Hoping to get rb3 reading customs but I need some help. I already know how to get .bin customs working on a real nand, but I can’t seem to get the game to recognize the .app files that I load into title/00010005/735a4645/content in the emulated nand directory.

So the wii has all necessary WAD files, it downloads and loads legit DLC fine off of emunand.

I made the necessary changes for loading to virtual nand: added 00000026.app and title.tmd along with one freshly pack to folder: title/00010005/735a4645/content. Copied title.tik from packing tools and pastedit into ticket/00010005 (renamed 735a4645.tik and overwrote original ticket of the same name).

I then delete the MSTORE.VFF file from 00010000/535a4245/data.

The game loads up fine and proceeds to “load new content,” but its always only my legit dlc. I’ve since deleted all but one DLC song just to not have to sit through the load while I wait to see customs load. But after several tries it still only loads the one song from the store.

Not sure why I’m having trouble, I followed the instructions for the SD way of loading and I got that to work on the first try, but it just doesnt seem to even see the new .app files. In case anyone’s wondering why I just don’t stick to SD, this wii’s internal flash memory just went corrupt.

I also know I’m not packing incorrectly as I’ve just packed .bins into a different wii today and all is well. Unfortunately this wii’s internal flash memory is corrupt so loading from emunand is necessary.

I’m running the game off of usbloader gx with full emulation.

If anyone has any ideas, a reply or P.M would be very welcome. Thanks!

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

NAND, regardless if it’s emulated, doesn’t use BIN files. Drop the app files into the correct directory and then it should work.

So I did everything the Tutorial says and I ran into a problem. Everytime it tries to load up all the songs from the SD card, It says “The license for Add-on Content has been deleted from the Wii System Memory. To us the add-on content, re-download Add-On Content for which the license has been previously purchased.” I have tried multiple things and nothing seems to want to work. The same message pops up.

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

Did you install the required WAD?

Or, if you’re using the sZGE content gen, then use this and install the WAD inside.

http://ge.tt/6cVEIlF2/v/0

bbsrtrain
            Participant

Alright really small problem here. I was going through re-packing my customs and I ran the Packer Tool and there were no problems but its only giving me bin files for half of the songs. Just wondering whats going on. I have all of the app files but just wondering whats going on.

EDIT* I figured out what I did. Misnumbering is always my downfall

EDIT** Alright, So i deleted the MSTORE.vff using the WiiXplorer, and I went through and added some new songs in slots that I couldn’t get to work (which may just be dead bin files) and I still have Lady Wore Black in my song list, I dont know if It’s still reading it as a bin file being there since I dont have that song file or anything anymore. If I put in a blank MSTORE file into my file would that do anything different? I also still have all my scores for the customs (I thought that they erased when I cleared the cache). I’m probably missing a step somewhere or should I just renumber all of the file I have although I dont think it’ll do anything since I have old songs still popping up because of bin numbers. And Finally, How hard would it be to do another generation like sZGE??

TheThief
              Participant

I’ve switched from emunand to neek(virtual nand) and I still can’t get customs to show up. I’ve followed the specific virtual nand instructions, created folder 735a4645 and subfolder content, added 00000026.app and title.tmd files. along with 00000038.app and 00000039.app generated from the sample song. Added 735a4645.tik to ticket folder and reset the cache.

So if I was able to get bins to read on this wii before (I’m not using that method anymore) I should have all the necessary files to load customs because I was able to before. Or could I be missing something, virtual nand specific?

StackOverflow0x
                Participant
                  EDIT** Alright, So i deleted the MSTORE.vff using the WiiXplorer, and I went through and added some new songs in slots that I couldn’t get to work (which may just be dead bin files) and I still have Lady Wore Black in my song list, I dont know if It’s still reading it as a bin file being there since I dont have that song file or anything anymore. If I put in a blank MSTORE file into my file would that do anything different? I also still have all my scores for the customs (I thought that they erased when I cleared the cache). I’m probably missing a step somewhere or should I just renumber all of the file I have although I dont think it’ll do anything since I have old songs still popping up because of bin numbers. And Finally, How hard would it be to do another generation like sZGE??

Did you enable the NAND option in WiiXplorer? Otherwise, it just looks like you’re erasing the cache file when you actually aren’t. If songs have numeric IDs, which a lot do now, then scores will save.

Also, there’s sZHE if you happen to run out of sZGE. Beyond that, I don’t know what gets them to work correctly in-game. It seems to be a fluke these two work at all.

bbsrtrain
                  Participant
                    [

Did you enable the NAND option in WiiXplorer? Otherwise, it just looks like you’re erasing the cache file when you actually aren’t. If songs have numeric IDs, which a lot do now, then scores will save.

Also, there’s sZHE if you happen to run out of sZGE. Beyond that, I don’t know what gets them to work correctly in-game. It seems to be a fluke these two work at all.

Yeah, I had to go through the two command boxes. That file is only in the FStoolbox right?

StackOverflow0x
                    Participant

WiiXplorer can reset the cache just like FSToolbox can. Don’t worry about FSToolbox because you shouldn’t have to use it for this.

bbsrtrain
                      Participant

All I have to do is go find that file in the fstoolbox folder while I’m in WiiXplorer as I have everything working on the FTP server and while in Filezilla on my computer. Is there anything that I’m doing wrong that is keeping me from resetting the cache?

StackOverflow0x
                        Participant

Yeah, you don’t need the FSToolbox folder at all when using WiiXplorer. To reset the cache, you don’t even need to FTP. Just navigate to the correct folder using the file browser in the app and with the NAND option enabled, click on the cache file and delete.

Sorry if it was never quite explained that way.

bbsrtrain
                          Participant

Ok. Where would the cache be located. I don’t have anything in front of me right now. What would be the folder rundown

StackOverflow0x
                            Participant

Just browse through these folders: title0010000535a4245data

Then select it and erase the MSTORE.VFF file.

bbsrtrain
                              Participant
                                Just browse through these folders: title0010000535a4245data

Then select it and erase the MSTORE.VFF file.

That’s what I’ve been doing. I went through all of my folders and the only sequence that had the file in it was:

SDHC>FSToolbox>title>00010000>535a4245>data

and now that folder is empty because I have gone through and deleted that file. And should I start sZHE and sZGE at the 52 and 53 bins like we did at the beginning of the tutorial?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,156 through 1,170 (of 3,117 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Back to top button