[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    Are you using a Wii or the vWii on the WiiU?

I have no experience with PAL so…

Are you trying to use Rockband DLC or customs?

Customs, but it’s OK as I got it working. I installed IOS 249 with USB support to IOS 248 and used a USB loader with Rock Band 3. It’s working so far.

Alright, I think I’ve finally made some headway.

Using NeoGamma the general option called “IOS for games” set to “Autodetect” or “Default” gave me the “SD card cannot be used” error in RB3.

So, I then set the option to “correct IOS” instead and it gave me the loading bar and the “Add-on content cannot be restored to the Wii System Memory” error, and am able to access the rest of my SD card for playing my purchased items thus far.

Some specs for troubleshooting: The version of NeoGamma I have (in the Homebrew Channel, not on the System Menu) is “NeoGamma R9 b56, IOS249”. Also, I do have Hermes installed on slot 224 (base 37), which I’ve been told RB3 plays nice with. Haven’t figured out how to select Hermes yet. Also, the sZFE wad did apparently install successfully, as there are purchased songs on the Music Store that I don’t remember ever purchasing before.

snoopy329
    Participant

Never heard of the SD card cannot be used error. Not sure what that might be. “Add-on content cannot be restored to the Wii System Memory” error us usually an Hermes 223 cIOS error meaning 223 is not installed properly.

EDIT: Haven’t modded WIIs in a while but, if I remember correctly, you need to install a patched IOS 37 first and then Hermes will use that as a base.

It was already installed there by that time. ^^;

Since it’s already installed on a slot with base 37, can I use that base again using slot 223? I’m assuming yes.

snoopy329
      Participant

What was already installed?

To answer your question, yes. Like I said, you can use Hermes 223 but, IOS 37 needs to be patched. I thought Hermes 223 patched IOS 37 but, now that I remember, it doesn’t. It just uses it as a base which is what RB3 uses.

Ah gotcha. And that patch will no doubt be in the mod pack and other materials in the softmod guide in Stack’s first post.

Edit: I guess this is the one I need, from said ModPack: cIOS223[37-38]-v4.wad

Alright. Hopefully after this, I’ll finally be able to load up Weird Al.

snoopy329
        Participant

Well, I never saw that Modpack there before. Certainly wasn’t there when I first started with customs. I’ll check it out. “Edit: I guess this is the one I need, from said ModPack: cIOS223[37-38]-v4.wad” That is Hermes not a patched IOS 37. But, I’ll check out that modpack.

Update: I think the sZFE WAD installed fine; now I get the error that something (I do not remember the exact wording) cannot be restored to the Wii System Memory (an in-game error). I am trying to clear the cache now.

When I attempt to reset the cache, I get:

fopen error

Press any button

What do?

You can see from all the red type in the soft mod guide why I was so hesitant to put a lot on my Wii, and tried to be picky-choosey.

snoopy329
          Participant

I fail to see any WADs in that modpack so, I have no idea what you are referring to. I had my doubts that any WADs would be including in that pack since it is against the rules.

So, there is a wide scope of confusion here and I’m not sure who is the guilty party :/

Not sure how to help you guys anymore. I think my scope of knowledge has reached its limit on this subject.

I’m gonna be away for a few days so… Good luck to you guys.

I wonder where StackOverFlow is. He is the expert on all this.

I’m not sure what is going to whom, but I am gonna call it a night on working on this, thanks for your previous help!

bbsrtrain
            Participant

Hi guys,

Brand new to the modding/customs going on with the Wii and RB3. Iv’e gone through the softmod guide setup and downloaded the packer 2.1 tools along with the RBHP Master pack. I went down through and followed the folder structure and read over everything four times but I dont know where my problem comes in. When I download the files for a song, say Aint Talkin Bout Love, and I change the names of the meta and song folders along with the dta path accordingly I open up the C3 CON Tools. Now, when I go in here and go to the smart merge, Do I drag and drop just the meta file into it and pick the folder where all my packing tools are in or do I pick the meta and song? Now Like I said, this may not be my problem section. I dont know If I have the WADs installed correctly on the wii (although I thoutght I did it in the softmod tut.) Also whenever I did the packdlc.bat file I had a bit more info in my file. I got the two bin files out of the pack thought and put them on my card in the sZFE folder that was already there. I play the game from the disc version and it comes up “Content cannot be Restored” So I have no idea how far back I am or where I completely mess up but I was following the complete guide and checking my work multiple times but I just cant seem to get it right. I feel like im stuck in a hole and I cant climb out. Thank you and great work on the forums!

I tried using the disc at first, and I think I got the error you have. It worked once I was playing from the game from a usb drive.

bbsrtrain
              Participant

I tried using the usb loader but I can’t install the game on a drive. It freezes like 6% through every time. I was going to try it without the disc but I couldn’t get it to install.

All I have left is need of further details with how to get it to work with NeoGamma. I’m just one in-game error away from the promised land.

I think.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 3,117 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button