How difficult would it be to create an application that built a RB3 songcache?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Complicated question, I know. I’m wondering if it’s technically feasible to code some software that would allow you to build a songcache that can be read RB3.

Primarily, I wonder if this is a viable alternative to having to build a fresh songcache using TU5 to ensure you get “Dani California” and “Black Hole Sun”, or to bypass the file finagling required to make the RBHP function.

Speaking purely hypothetically, obviously.

StackOverflow0x
    Participant

If/when people figure out cheats for Xbox, then at least the “Dani California” and “Black Hole Sun” issues would be solved without TU5.

C16

Stop using TU5 and use “customs” versions of those songs. Problem solved.

TrojanNemo
        Participant

Creating the application is not the hard part. Understanding the cache file in its entirety is. If you can tell me byte by byte how a cache file is made up, I could automate the process. But at the moment we only know maybe 50-60% of what makes up the file – that’s what we use for setlist manager.

all you do is create a TU 5 song cache specially when you do harmony upgrades and then roll it back and and use your TU4 stick and it should bring those songs back through !

A lot of people have mistaken this thread for “HOW I PLAY OLD SONGZ???” which, y’know, not what I’m asking. Cheers for reading, folks.

The only person who actually answered the question was…

Creating the application is not the hard part. Understanding the cache file in its entirety is. If you can tell me byte by byte how a cache file is made up, I could automate the process. But at the moment we only know maybe 50-60% of what makes up the file – that’s what we use for setlist manager.

Gotcha, all I needed to know. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button