How can I get triplets on the visualization?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Plygon
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a custom where the beat is 4/4, but instead of 8th notes, it’s all triplets. I have no problem authoring the notes, but the visualization has a marker on regular 8th notes. This will be confusing to anyone playing the song.

Is there a way to tell it to use triplets instead?

Kick drums are on triplets, but grey lines are on 8th notes
      (See how the kick drums are on triplets, but the grey line is on an 8th note, so it’s between the drums)

Thanks!

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

I believe the short answer is no, sorry to say.

If I’m not mistaken, the visualizer creates lines on the highway the same way the game does: the thicker dark lines are the “up” beats as marked in the BEAT track, while the lighter lines are the “down” beats. Then thinner lines are put directly between the “up” beats, which makes sense for 8th notes but not so much for triplets.

You might be able to create a triplet effect by creating triplet patterns in the BEAT track, but be aware it will also affect venue animations and OD burn rate if you use that BEAT pattern in-game.

Plygon
        Participant

Thanks for the info! This is what I was afraid of haha. I considered reinterpreting the song as 3/4, which would sort of fix the lines, but then the thick dark lines wouldn’t match the groove of the song.

I’m really surprised they don’t have an option for triplets, especially considering Everybody Wants to Rule The World has the same triplet pattern, and it’s part of the official game. But I just looked at that one and it has the same issue mine does, so if it’s happening in an official song, I don’t think I have any need to worry!

BornGamerRob
          Participant

Exactly. It happens on a LOT of official songs. You probably didn’t even notice when you played. Just as others won’t notice when they play yours. What you DO end up noticing is triplets that are trying to be lined up. That’s when drumming becomes cumbersome. But that’s usually due to improper authoring (not official, of course).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button