Holiday Packs – Halloween 2013

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author

After the 4th of July track pack and the MSI 7-11 single, I got to think lately about other holiday track packs. Are we going to do packs for Halloween and Christmas? Since I actually think we’d get some good material out of those. Here’s some ideas I had for songs that I wanted to chart:

Halloween:

(From the Haunted Mansion attraction in the Disney parks. Yeah, I know that sounds silly, but I actually think it’d be fun. There’s 3 different variations of the song in this video that are used in the attraction that I think would translate well for the game)

Christmas:

Of course, this was pretty much all I could think of at the moment, but I feel that the Halloween track pack would be good for metal bands like Gwar, etc.

See here:

Here’s a tentative list for a Halloween release, including the most concrete suggestions from this thread, some obvious-in-hindsight ones I picked up from Internet lists of “must-have Halloween songs”, and a few songs that are already in progress:

• Bobby (Boris) Pickett and The Crypt-Kickers – “Monster Mash”
    • The Haunted Mansion/Buddy Baker/Thurl Ravenscroft – Grim Grinning Ghosts (TylerFG)
    • Marilyn Manson – “This Is Halloween” (pksage?)
    • Michael Jackson – “Thriller” (collaboration?)
    • Ministry – “Every Day is Halloween” (DeathThreatUK?)
    • Oingo Boingo – “Dead Man’s Party”
    • Tegan and Sara – “Walking with a Ghost” (drummerockband?)
    • The Rocky Horror Picture Show – “Hot Patootie” (TrojanNemo, FtV conversion)
    • The Rocky Horror Picture Show – “Sweet Transvestite” (TrojanNemo, FtV conversion)
    • The Rocky Horror Picture Show – “Time Warp” (TrojanNemo, FtV conversion)
    • (any number of other songs that tie in through the song or band name)

Anyone want to claim any of these, or contribute an “I’ll definitely do this” to the list? As several people have said, “Thriller” is the biggest must-have. Given that it’s the #1 best-selling album of all time, I figured a community collaboration would be a good way to approach it.

edit: Apparently RUSHEE already has a G/B/D Thriller custom, so we have a potential starting point for that one.

First thing that comes to mind for halloween…

Another idea for the Halloween pack would be kind of a theme of artists/songs named after monsters. An example would be like a song from the band “Vampire Weekend”, or like a songs from “Of Monsters and Men” or specific titles like “Walking With a Ghost” by Tegan and Sara. You know, something along those lines. Or a horror theme like Farottone said. I think Beds are Burning by Midnight Oil sounds like a horror name for a song if you know what I mean.

Farottone
    Keymaster
      Another idea for the Halloween pack would be kind of a theme of artists/songs named after monsters. An example would be like a song from the band “Vampire Weekend”, or like a songs from “Of Monsters and Men” or specific titles like “Walking With a Ghost” by Tegan and Sara. You know, something along those lines. Or a horror theme like Farottone said. I think Beds are Burning by Midnight Oil sounds like a horror name for a song if you know what I mean.

One thing to keep in mind for these packs: these are party packs. The July 4th packs worked also because the songs were well known. You need to think of something that works both in terms of having a cool theme and of finding enough songs that are well known to the general public. I mean, Thriller for a pack like this would be perfect, in example.

drummerrockband: Monster Mash seems like a must have imo.

Drihscol: I actually was thinking of that as well, so I may consider that.

Farottone: Well, the Christmas pack, it’s honestly up to you guys. I mean, it’d be nice to have something that isn’t limited to one holiday only, but the Halloween pack seems like a good idea for me, as I am totally considering authoring “Grim Grinning Ghosts”. As long as people are up for the idea of a pack, I’d be cool with it.

Yeah, I think both of those ideas are pretty good.

pksage
      Keymaster

There’s an album of covers of the Nightmare Before Christmas OST, and it’s awesome. Anything from that album would be amazing for Halloween.

espher
        Participant

There’s a band up here, Hellcat and the Prowl (the lead singer was also in The Creepshow, a band in which her sister later took over vocal duties there before guesting with Walk off the Earth for that Gotye cover everyone loves and eventually leaving to join them, AND NOW YOU KNOW) that did an

You can’t have a Halloween pack without Thriller. Just sayin’.

For the Christmas pack, god, there are so many to choose from. My personal choices would be either Fairytale of New York by The Pogues, Merry Xmas Everybody by Slade, or I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day by Wizzard. Every other Christmas song I can think of is big-band/swing and so I don’t think would translate well to Rock Band.

Definitely happy to contribute to a Christmas pack.

A Halloween pack without “Thriller” would be impossible. How could anyone, or even I, miss out on that opportunity?

I guess being the big Ministry fan I am, I could pull out Every Day Is Halloween:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXtX9u7_6F8

As I’ve stated before, i’m not a big fan of their earlier stuff (i.e. anything before Land of Rape and Honey) but i’m willing to get into the spirit of things, per se.

pksage
          Keymaster

Here’s a tentative list for a Halloween release, including the most concrete suggestions from this thread, some obvious-in-hindsight ones I picked up from Internet lists of “must-have Halloween songs”, and a few songs that are already in progress:

• Michael Jackson – “Thriller” (RUSHEE / collaboration?)
            • The Rocky Horror Picture Show – “Sweet Transvestite” (TrojanNemo, FtV conversion)

Anyone want to claim any of these, or contribute an “I’ll definitely do this” to the list? As several people have said, “Thriller” is the biggest must-have. Given that it’s the #1 best-selling album of all time, I figured a community collaboration would be a good way to approach it.

edit: Apparently RUSHEE already has a G/B/D Thriller custom, so we have a potential starting point for that one.

• Michael Jackson – “Thriller” (collaboration?)

All sounds good, I added this to the OP, including my song choice.

I’ll probably end up doing the Tegan and Sara song. Seeing as I’m really into them recently and it seems to fit the theme nicely.

Just thought of a few more; Not putting my flagpole on them, but just in case anyone else hasn’t thought of them, consider the following horror-themed names:

Candlemass – Under The Oak

Cradle of Filth – Her Ghost in the Fog (This is one I think should get into Rock Band one way or another)

Dokken – Mr. Scary

Helloween – (well, take your pick…)

Killing Joke – Darkness Before Dawn (I kind of want to hold this back for a potential Killing Joke pack, but it could be a while before that ever happens)

Rob Zombie – The Great American Nightmare

Testament – Nightmare

Just in case it isn’t painfully obvious, yes I did just type scary-sounding words into iTunes to get results. :sweatdrop:

I thought of a few more suggestions.

Alice Cooper – Feed My Frankenstein

Weird Al Yankovic – Nature Trail to Hell

The Cranberries – Zombie

And I don’t know if these exactly fit the theme, but they might work:

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals – The Lion The Beast The Beat

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – Candy

I am probably for sure going to do the Tegan and Sara song on my own, but if anyone wants to do these, I can lend a hand.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button