HMX announces Beat Sports for Apple TV

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

2b1c7d66381e0b9730a698efe46fe870.png

Beat Sportsâ„¢ is a collection of music-infused sports mini-games, exclusively for the new Apple TV.

Can be played single player or up to 4 player local co-op and supports iPod Touch and iPhone as controllers.

It’s a rhythm game that involves sports. The on-stage demo was a batter moving between 3 different lanes and hitting the balls pitched at him along to the music

TrojanNemo
    Participant

I’m going to stop supporting Harmonix as a matter of course now, since I despise Apple and their culture.

Why the hell is HMX making a game for a TV instead of finishing Amplitude? Or putting more features or polishing RB4? Or bringing back Chroma? Oh right, dirty Apply money.

samjjones
      Participant

And here I was thinking that a console music based rhythm game was niche.

Nyxyxylyth
        Participant

Man, all 10 Apple TV gamers are going to love it!

mrmet2087
          Participant

I’ve never been a fan of any HMX project besides GH/RB, and it looks like it’s gonna stay that way.

I’m going to stop supporting Harmonix as a matter of course now, since I despise Apple and their culture.

Why the hell is HMX making a game for a TV instead of finishing Amplitude? Or putting more features or polishing RB4? Or bringing back Chroma? Oh right, dirty Apply money.

they’re going to announce a new crowdfunded project on fig in 2015. that’s before amplitude is out. that’ll go well

raynebc
            Participant

As somebody that backed Amplitude I hope they don’t procrastinate its release by working on something extremely niche (even compared to other rhythm games) like this.

samjjones
              Participant
                As somebody that backed Amplitude I hope they don’t procrastinate its release by working on something extremely niche (even compared to other rhythm games) like this.

I understand your position, and don’t disagree with it.

$15M influx of cash from Apple might leapfrog a few other in-development projects, though.

Farottone
                Keymaster

Not sure why an investor would drop money on a project a month before release, with not enough time to make a difference and with all the time in the world to wait and see how the product does before investing. IMO this is either a blanket investment on the company or specifically on other projects.

:v: I guess I’m now your worst enemy, Nemo. I like Apple and Wii and ask way too many questions of you in multiple topics. :sweatdrop:

Granted, I have the last generation of Apple TV, so I’m out of luck currently for supporting Harmonix on that front.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button