Harmonix’s New Title — Fantasia: Music Evolved

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    espher
    Participant

Disclaimer: Does not look like Fantasia at all. Still intrigued.

Original Message:

https://twitter.com/Harmonix/status/341630797318606848

GET HYPED

I said it before, and I’ll say it again….

I’m kind’ve excited and nervous at the same time. Excited to see a brand new game, and nervous on how it will be played. Knowing Harmonix, the game will probably incorporate music in some major way. Either way I was so happy to see these messages on twitter and facebook earlier today. Harmonix is one of the best video game developers out there today and I have faith that they will bring an awesome new I.P. that would be in the ranks of Rock band and Dance Central. So excited :excited:

espher
      Participant

I posted about this rumour on FB and Reddit yesterday, but all signs are pointing to a Fantasia game of some sort.

Including this Google Cache description of the site:

Fantasia: Music Evolved Announcement Trailer … – Disney Video

http://video.disney.com/watch/fantas…cd0993a6ee79cb (was taken down)

Fantasia: Music Evolved is a breakthrough musical motion game where players embark on an interactive motion-controlled journey through worlds of music and …

And these screens:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph … stcount=42

Farottone
        Keymaster

Is this Dance Central meets DJ Hero?

Hetz
          Participant

Kind of sad that they killed off DLC for Rock Band because they were working on this. Not that impressed and not a fan at all of the Kinect so far.

espher
            Participant
              Kind of sad that they killed off DLC for Rock Band because they were working on this. Not that impressed and not a fan at all of the Kinect so far.

Dance Central and Child of Eden were pretty much the only titles I felt delivered on potential with the peripheral. The rest just fell flat.

Nyxyxylyth
              Participant

Child of Eden 2?

Oh well. I didn’t expect much.

Dance Central and Child of Eden were pretty much the only titles I felt delivered on potential with the peripheral. The rest just fell flat.

…even DBZ for Kinect?

espher
                Participant
                  …even DBZ for Kinect?

I stand by what I said.~

It kind of reminds me of DJ hero, in the sense that the player is remixing the tracks, but with more lee-way to do so, as opposed to playing along fixed, pre-remixed tracks with a faux DJ set.

…ANYWAY

Any word on whether the soundtrack will be exportable to RB3?

v4vendetta
                  Participant

Judging from all of the thumbs down, Harmonix will be out of business before RB4 comes out.

Nyxyxylyth
                    Participant
                      Judging from all of the thumbs down, Harmonix will be out of business before RB4 comes out.

They’ve cut way, way back on staff already. Many forum threads alluded to the fact that most of their charting staff was gone well over a year ago.

It’s got to feel weird going from ONE BILLION DOLLARS in revenue to modest little titles like Blitz, but they’ll be okay.

v4vendetta
                      Participant

Oh, so they’re operating on pennies to make nickels.

Step right up and buy some crap!

Sideshow
                        Participant

If Harmonix can somehow transfer all those 4000+ songs over to the Xbox One(which as of now has no backwards compatibility); I can see RB4 coming out 2015. I dont see how any other game they have in development could have a longer life span compared to what they did with Rock Band.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Back to top button