Harmonix Chroma – Rhythm based shooter!?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Nyxyxylyth
    Participant
      espher
      Participant

I signed up for the Alpha.

Believe.

TrojanNemo
        Participant

Like I said in the chat:

either stick to music, or do fps, but a combination? seems like another gimmick to me

I understand they want to move away from Rock Band. But then move away from Rock Band. You got to let go of the whole music thing unless you’re going to make a music game.

If people stopped wanting to spend money on music to play on Rock Band / Blitz, why would they want to spend money on music for a shooter? And if they’re not going to monetize by selling new music, then are we going to play with the same music (and according to the video, its effects on gameplay), always? That’s going to get old quickly.

mrmet2087
          Participant

I remember years ago seeing something about HMX hiring for a developing a shooter. I guess this is it. Terrible decision in my opinion.

Sideshow
            Participant

To me it just seems the whole no backwards compatible with the new consoles really put a hamper on the development of Rock Band 4 right away. I agree, these new games are going to have a lasting appeal of about a month and then noboby is probably going to care about them anymore.

Well it’s apparently gonna be free to play and on PC, so with some luck they might let you use custom music (you know, just not playing it to other players for obvious reasons) in a similar fashion to that of Beat Hazard or Audiosurf, but time will tell I guess. Though we have enough shooters, and with even Harmonix going in there I really fear games will be nothing but either shooters or walking simulators with nothing in between soon.

Wasn’t there a beat-em-up with that premise a long time ago? Like “Def Jam Icon” and “Def Jam Fight For NY”?

espher
              Participant

I think people with more of a shooter background (esp. an arena shooter background) are a little more hyped for what this can introduce than the people who have more of a not-shooter background (which seems to be the bulk of people posting in this thread).

And I’m here, waiting for the soundtrack to be RB3 exportable.

Anonymous
                  I really fear games will be nothing but either shooters.

We still got RPGs! (Unless Magic, Bows, and Crossbows makes them shooters as well…).

Anyways… This game just meh… The only FPSs I really like are Chivalry (First-Person-Slasher though, mind you -and- don’t even have… =( I dislike steam) and the Halo series. That and I did like Unreal Tournament 3 when I played it… Need to get said game on de’ Xbox 360 one of these days!

I think people with more of a shooter background (esp. an arena shooter background) are a little more hyped for what this can introduce than the people who have more of a not-shooter background (which seems to be the bulk of people posting in this thread).

I agree with this too… Also to note, I’m more of an “all around” type of player… Though the more freedom in a game, the more I’ll play it.

Music games are kinda Harmonix’s MO, but music doesn’t have to mean licensed music. I could picture this game featuring the best variable mix OST ever.

Whether it actually plays well or develops a following, well, I guess we’re going to find out. But I think the premise is intriguing. My biggest concern is whether Harmonix has the skillset to craft a polished shooter or not.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button