GHtoRB3 spreadsheet vs C3 spreadsheet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

There’s something odd I found while comparing the download links on the GHtoRB3 spreadsheet and the C3 database.

Let’s take for example, “Them Bones” from the C3 Database and from the GHtoRB3 spreadsheet. The addresses are different, but appear to link to the same CON.

Now, let’s take “Starlight” from the C3 database and the GHtoRB3 spreadsheet. One links to “MULTS” and the other links to “MULTStarlight2.” Now we’re seeing a significant difference, at least in the name. Granted it’s a non-GH track, but it’s in the same spreadsheet. Could there have been a revision and now one is a version older than the other? That’s where my main questions follow.

– Are the GHtoRB3 tracks hosted on the C3 database more up-to-date than the ones hosted on the GHtoRB3 spreadsheet, or are they just duplicates?

– What about the other customs done by the GHtoRB3 team? Are the ones hosted on C3 up-to-date, or are they duplicates?

JrMan
    Participant

From the blog post:

We’ve also got three multitrack custom From the Vault releases by GHtoRB3, all of which have been touched up since their original release.
      From the blog post:

We’ve also got three multitrack custom From the Vault releases by GHtoRB3, all of which have been touched up since their original release.

So it’s the case that I happened to check out week where 3 CONs got upgrades.

Thanks for clarifying! This is what I get for doing stuff while sleep deprived.

TrojanNemo
      Participant

To clear up the confusion:

The songs in the GHtoRB3 spreadsheet were hosted on keepitfishy.com prior to C3 even being an idea. Now the files for GHtoRB3 continue to be hosted there, as well as the C3 files. For many people (myself included), GHtoRB3 were “the golden standard” before C3 came along, so when we included most of their files in our DB, nothing was done to most of them, they were just linked to the existing files. Since C3 started there have been some updates and new releases of GHtoRB3 content through C3…those are the latest versions.

Your safest bet is to always assume whatever is on C3’s database is the more updated and/or more complete version of any existing custom.

Alright, it makes sense. Now I’m going to go a bit off topic.

Most, if not, all of the GH converts are based off of the CONS from the GHtoRB3 spreadsheet.

The GHtoRB3 project is no longer active.

Do any of us have access to the remainder of their GH multitracks to continue the converts?

TrojanNemo
        Participant

They posted a list of what is already partially done for Authors to continue on.

Getting the audio is trivial. The real challenge is in doing the full conversion of the charts, plus adding the missing harmonies and keys/pro keys, and doing so properly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button