GH chart vs RB chart?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    lifeismusic5
    Participant

Heres an interesting question. I love every one of yalls answers for these questions/polls tbh. So heres my question.

Is there a song in which you prefer the RB version or the GH version?

For me, its easy. I love the version of 2112 on GHWOR over the version on RBDLC. I can also say I prefer the version of RB Enter Sandman over the version seen on GHM. Also for a kicker, I prefer the version of Hot For Teacher from GHWT than the version on GHVH. Im curious to read yalls answers!

i do mostly drums and vocals..drums is pretty well par for both franchises..but vocals..ah vocals..gh never did quite get the hang of it….big reson why i said gh lost the war…

lifeismusic5
      Participant

i do mostly drums and vocals..drums is pretty well par for both franchises..but vocals..ah vocals..gh never did quite get the hang of it….big reson why i said gh lost the war…

Lets be real, Guitar Hero really did everything on par, except for Vocals. Vocals were always trash to me. Started with World Tour, so I can understand why vocals on that sucked so much, didnt really get the hang of it from there, I can say that Warriors of Rock improved the most on the vocals mechanic but still didnt get it right.

ws54
        Participant

I feel, as do many, that GH generally over-charted things (at least on guitar.) So I usually prefer the RB charts. Can’t give you specific examples though as that would take too long.

I’ve never been a fan of Neversoft’s charting, whether it’s GH3’s blatant overcharting, or the later games’ inaccurate charts. Combine that with a crappy UI and bad feedback, and you’ve got games I found frustrating to play.

GH’s drums were horribly planned, so I’ve never seriously played them in that game.

I’ll also take RB’s 2112 any day of the week. I’ll play the entire song without breaks!

Oddbrother
          Participant

I prefer the GH version of Judas Priest’s “Painkiller” for the guitar solos.

Otherwise, everything RB.

apricot
            Participant

RB Anything

The only fair share I’ve gotten of a GH experience for drums is exactly what Whizzer was saying.

Songs like Black Betty definitely had a better chart in RB than it does in GH, and pairing the GH chart with ridiculous amounts of issues.

They don’t really hold up as much as they used to be.

Lets be real, Guitar Hero really did everything on par, except for Vocals. Vocals were always trash to me. Started with World Tour, so I can understand why vocals on that sucked so much, didnt really get the hang of it from there, I can say that Warriors of Rock improved the most on the vocals mechanic but still didnt get it right.

all true..ive issues with rb on vocals on occasion…when more then 2 singers sing the same line..its never charted accurate. lemmy phil from pantera johnahan from korn…rob zombie dave megadeth..guys with natural growls in thier voice…try to sound like em it never works out right. ive never tried a nickelback song cause i dispise em..but i can imagine its the same. rb also took chances on bands introduced me to bands like anarchy club, mastadon i still love today…gh just played it safe for the most part song choice wise

Jack Tyler Rourke
              Participant

RB drum charts (at least the first games ones) have always been more fun to me than GH’s. Perhaps RB “Painkiller” had the kick notes all wrong, but GH “Painkiller” is just boring. Also, I have never been a fan of the drumrolls because they’re way too easy, and GHs are very bad in that aspect, they make a challenging part a piece of cake. I’d rather play the exact notes (for the most part). Check “Bodhisattva”.

Quite the contrary with the guitar charts, in which GH is the winner. I’m a sucker for overcharting (to a certain degree), and with the exception of some songs, GH intention of highlighting the fun parts of any song means that you can play both keys and guitar in one song (think “Jump” and “Burn”. In addition, the tapping mechanic opens up a lot of great possibilities for more difficult parts to be played while not making the experience frustrating, and it’s a bit sad that you need to use the RB guitar to have a chance of that.

tl;dr: RB drums, GH guitar

Bansheeflyer

…GH intention of highlighting the fun parts of any song means that you can play both keys and guitar in one song (think “Jump” and “Burn”.

See now I on the other hand can’t stand that. Why play a instrument that isn’t a guitar on a guitar? I can’t play “Smokin'” for that reason because HMX decided it would be better to chart the keys solo to guitar. ‘Cause, you know, organ is a guitar…

I’m all for mixing playability with realism, but when I played GHWoR to find out they put the piano on guitar I immediately stopped playing. I can’t stand that crap. If there’s multiple keyboard parts and nothing on guitar, sure, chart a part to guitar so they have something to play (I did so for “Cars”). But if there’s only one keys part, especially when there’s already a guitar part playing? Chart the guitar that’s already there (again, “Smokin'” was a huge offender here).

One thing I do like that they implemented in later GH titles was broken chords. Rock Band made their own version of just hammer-on chords which essentially works the same way but doesn’t look or feel quite as solid as GH, it seemed more like a band-aid fix to add that in rather than changing the engine.

Overall I much prefer HMX’s way of charting and playing. The took what they did in the early GH days and improved on it in (mostly) the right areas. Neversoft’s direction has given a small amount of improvements but I think their desire to innovate ended up rushing out features that weren’t fully thought-out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button