General Thread for PRO Guitar/Bass Questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ruggy
    Participant

WELCOME TO THE GENERAL THREAD FOR PRO GUITAR/BASS QUESTIONS!

Q: Wait, what the…
      Yes, those were the days that PRO Guitar/Bass charts were a privilege for the game creators (aka. Harmonix), nowadays, thanks to the Rock Band communities in general, a lot of research were made to be able to create PRO Guitar/Bass charts.

Q: So, what is this thread all about?
      With the increasing amount of players starting to chart PRO Guitar/Bass, of course we’ll expect a lot of questions since we don’t have a proper PRO Guitar/Bass documentation (yet). So, here will be answered any questions about the PRO Guitar/Bass charting.

Q: I don’t even know where to place a note…
      The PART REAL_GUITAR and PART REAL_BASS are correctly placed and ready to be charted on the C3 Custom REAPER Template, that you can find here. ALSO, it is recommended for you to read my incomplete (yet kinda complete) PRO Guitar/Bass Guide (It is an illustrated guide, no means to be lazy reading it). You will find the basics for you to chart PRO Guitar/Bass. If you want more technical details, this post will be you homework as well.

Q: Ruggy, do you have any “””””””””veteran“”””””””” suggestions?
      Know the basics of music theory. There’s a reason why HMX didn’t make this available for charting on the RBN2 era, this requires more technical attention than PRO Keys (Which many people still find it confusing), so, if you’re not familiar with a guitar/bass… it will be a tough, very tough challenge…

Anyway. Any other questions? Just ask! I will be proud to help you where I can! ♥

Nice to see Pro g/b get some love.

Hopefully we see more of them being produced in the future!

kueller
      Participant

I want to second that I find the more knowledge you have of the instrument you’re playing the better. Even from some more experienced I’ve seen charts that would be rather uncomfortable or unlikely on the actual instrument, or chords that are accurate but not in the right voicing.

Obviously asking people to have good knowledge of the actual instrument is a monumental requirement if you’ve never actually touched it. Tableture will usually get you a close enough range as long as you listen for variations like you could on 5-lane, but even having a more experienced guitar/bass player check it over for standout errors could really push forward that authenticity. Pro G/B is after all the most authentic charting system in the game for an instrument.

Something that would be nice to see some more style guides for charts. Things like broken chords, bends, mutes, and when and how to approach all these are currently passed around through word of mouth more than anything. That’s something I’m still learning myself. It could be a nice addition to your already superb guide.

Ruggy
        Participant

I want to second that I find the more knowledge you have of the instrument you’re playing the better. Even from some more experienced I’ve seen charts that would be rather uncomfortable or unlikely on the actual instrument, or chords that are accurate but not in the right voicing.

Obviously asking people to have good knowledge of the actual instrument is a monumental requirement if you’ve never actually touched it. Tableture will usually get you a close enough range as long as you listen for variations like you could on 5-lane, but even having a more experienced guitar/bass player check it over for standout errors could really push forward that authenticity. Pro G/B is after all the most authentic charting system in the game for an instrument.

Something that would be nice to see some more style guides for charts. Things like broken chords, bends, mutes, and when and how to approach all these are currently passed around through word of mouth more than anything. That’s something I’m still learning myself. It could be a nice addition to your already superb guide.

Thanks for the words! Indeed, we need something complete and somewhere that we can find everything in one place, not shattered around the forum’s threads. I’m indending of writing an “unofficial” PRO G/B to be placed on the C3’s Authoring Docs, but that’s something that needs to be very good elaborated, and very illustrated, like my guide. But this takes time.

Another good suggestion is to study official HMX PRO G/B charts, they can give you a good perception of many things.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button