“Gem with pitch 7 is too low for the current range” – but there’s no notes there

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yaniv297
    Keymaster

This magma error is driving me crazy, I tried to search the forum but couldn’t find a solution.

I compile a song, and I get this error:

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART REAL_KEYS): Difficulty easy: Gem at [9:1:000] with pitch 11 is too high for the current range of [57, 58].
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART REAL_KEYS): Difficulty easy: Gem at [13:1:000] with pitch 11 is too high for the current range of [57, 58].
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART REAL_KEYS): Difficulty easy: Gem at [17:1:000] with pitch 11 is too high for the current range of [57, 58].
      And so on, up until:
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART REAL_KEYS) Difficulty expert: Gem at [119:1:000] with pitch 6 is too low for the current range of [57, 73].
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART REAL_KEYS) Difficulty expert: Gem at [121:1:000] with pitch 7 is too low for the current range of [57, 73].
      I get this for every difficulty, and almost every note in the range…
      The thing is, there’s no notes in the pitches it says. Nothing in pitch 6,7,11 or any of the other ones mentioned. My ranges are good and all the notes fit in, I checked it. I have no idea what to do.
      I tried even to open a new template, copy the pro keys notes there (only select the notes) and compile this, I still get the same error.
      Anyone can help? thanks.

Try using Alt+3 in the piano roll (Alt+1 or Alt+2 to go back to whatever mode you use). You will see all the events in a table so it’s easier to spot things that aren’t supposed to be there.

You might have notes in a different channel. In the top right of the midi editor, you can set to view all channels.

yaniv297
      Keymaster

No, it’s not either of those. I have my channels set to ‘all’, and I regularly check all three views. Any other ideas?

I had a similar issue today. It turned out to be notes outside of the range, because I had set the range and then made slight changes to a few chords. Note 8 was the problem for me, according to Magma’s midi test, which turned out to be G#2, 8 notes above C2, the lowest note in the game’s entire range.

So most likely, some notes are outside the current range at that point in your chart.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button