First Custom – Need Feedback Please!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Edit 2: Added keys and pro keys, fixed drum animations not playing, added/changed a few guitar notes and fixed drum fills. https://www.mediafire.com/?ko9qyy814i71ed7

Hey everyone, I have put most of the finishing touches on my first custom and I would appreciate any feedback you have on its quality.

For my first song, I decided to do Die Young by Kesha. Love it or hate it, it’s a pretty catchy song, and to me Rock Band is first and foremost a party game. Plus, the song has a constant BPM, so there’s that :dance:

Any input is appreciated, but I am most curious to see what your opinion is on the drums. It was a bit tricky to author a track based on an electronic beat with some studio kit thrown in, but I think overall the result is pretty fun. I tried to get the snare fills as close as possible to what you hear in the main mix. I had karaoke stems for this song, so I was able to get most of the harmonies in as well. There is one part in the song where it’s multiple people singing the same part, and I wasn’t really sure what the protocol is there. I put the same notes on HARM1 and HARM2 and it kind of looks weird, but I want it to emphasize that everybody should sing that part. Is that normal practice?

Hopefully you guys like the track, I am interested in joining the collective so this is my demo tape!

Farottone
    Keymaster

As a general rule, if you want input from authors, upload a Reaper package (project + audio files): it makes testing easier.

Hetz
      Participant

Cool! I wish there was more Pop in Rock Band (ie. One Direction, Katy Perry and Ke$ha) so I would love to see you do more songs like this. While I love Classic Rock and things like that, my daughters and wife like to play as well and I would love to have more songs like this to get them involved. I also think these songs are very catchy and enjoy them as well. :c00l:

Awesome first song! I’m a big pop/new wave/female singers person so I’ll see if I can take a look once you get the reaper project posted.

I will get the rest uploaded as soon as I get home!

Alright, reaper files are up. Let me know if I missed anything. A note on the project: I don’t have the vocal stems loaded into the actual project, but you should be able to drag and drop them if you want to have them there. I haven’t gotten around to rendering a stereo vocal stem and I’m just using silence for now.

Updated link with the latest version – lots of fixes based on feedback plus added keys https://www.mediafire.com/?ko9qyy814i71ed7

Bryan2Blazed
        Participant

I will see if I can’t get you some detailed feedback on vocals tonight or tomorrow. Love this song. Will be great on RB.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button