Finding Vocal Pitches

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Does anybody know a easy way to find the right pitches of vocals? I tried using a chromatic tuner but it isn’t being very accurate. The few songs I have charted on vocals I have just found piano music and translated that, but I can’t figure out how to find the pitch by myself for songs where I can’t find sheet music. Any help?

Nyxyxylyth
    Participant
      Does anybody know a easy way to find the right pitches of vocals? I tried using a chromatic tuner but it isn’t being very accurate. The few songs I have charted on vocals I have just found piano music and translated that, but I can’t figure out how to find the pitch by myself for songs where I can’t find sheet music. Any help?

You do have to have a bit of an ear. If you do have the ear for it, and it’s still off, sometimes a song is halfway between notes. This happened with Van Halen’s “Unchained”. You can adjust that on C3 Magma’s Game Data / Tuning Cents.

If the tuner isn’t helping, you might try using REAPER’s ReaSynth plugin, which is built into the standard custom template. Bring up PART VOCALS in the MIDI editor, solo that and your mp3, and click on the notes on the piano roll on the left until you think it’s a match.

raynebc
      Participant

What about that audio scrubber feature shown in the tutorial video? Should give you a clear enough note to compare against notes with a hardware/software synth.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button