Feb 21, 2014 – The Golden Age of Rock 11-pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    CrazyCanuck
    Participant

HOME RUN!!!!! (that’s all I have to say)

So getting all of these! Wow, thanks guys, thanks thanks thanks!

HOME RUN!!!!! (that’s all I have to say)

More like grand slam home run in the bottom of the 9th with 2 strikes, 2 outs and down by 3 runs in game 7 of the World Series!

Anonymous
        I thought Wild Things was, like, impossible not to know.

I said recognize, not know. I might do know it but once I give it a listen, then I will recognize it… If I don’t know it, then I don’t know it.

ws54
        Participant

I have to warn you all, if you guys keep talking to us like this it will only encourage us to make another pack like this someday.

No one likes this pack more than me! I am especially happy for Summer in the City from Clintilona. That song was at the top of my list but I deemed to too hard for me to do except maybe as a single some day. So I am thrilled to have it in Rock Band!

ws54
          Participant
            I’d like to note that I got many of these songs right in the hints thread

“The Google is strong with this one.” Nice guessing!

Woo hoo…finally a week where I know several of the songs. Yay!!! Thanks a bunch for these guys, especially Crimson and Clover, Venus, Wild Thing, and Long Cool Woman. Just showed my wife a few weeks ago a vid of Joan Jett covering Crimson and Clover (which like me, she knows the Tommy James version best), so this will be a neat surprise for her.

I thought Wild Things was, like, impossible not to know.

I said recognize, not know. I might do know it but once I give it a listen, then I will recognize it… If I don’t know it, then I don’t know it.

If you’ve ever seen the movie “Major League” you know a version of it…it’s the song people would sing when Charlie Sheen’s character (nicknamed Wild Thing in the movie) walked out to pitch…though I’d be shocked if you don’t know the version in this pack.

This is one of the best C3 releases yet,

more tracks from 60’s and 70’s all the way!

Totally Epic week guys! Thanks so much for all your hard work and dedication to keeping the music ALIVE!!

Anonymous

I checked them all out (all 11). I did recognize a few more but not all. (I didn’t recognize “Wild Thing” btw).

Though to me, this wasn’t really a good week… I only ended up liking three songs. “Summer in the City”, “Do you believe in magic”, and “Venus”.

I did find the other songs boring, annoying, or they were okay but not something I’ll bother playing in my game… Mostly, I found the other songs annoying actually.

Sorry… I’m more into classics like Genesis, The Who, etc… Not these types of classics.

questionmark
              Participant
                I checked them all out (all 11). I did recognize a few more but not all. (I didn’t recognize “Wild Thing” btw).

Though to me, this wasn’t really a good week… I only ended up liking three songs. “Summer in the City”, “Do you believe in magic”, and “Venus”.

I did find the other songs boring, annoying, or they were okay but not something I’ll bother playing in my game… Mostly, I found the other songs annoying actually.

Sorry… I’m more into classics like Genesis, The Who, etc… Not these types of classics.

I’m not gonna take the bait other than to tell you that the two groups of artists you’re talking about represent totally different eras of music, for the most part.

I’m not gonna take the bait other than to tell you that the two groups of artists you’re talking about represent totally different eras of music, for the most part.

Both Genesis and The Who were pretty big in the 70’s, what are you talking about?

This week has been my favorite week so far. Good freaking work guys!

questionmark
                Participant

Both Genesis and The Who were pretty big in the 70’s, what are you talking about?

Most of these bands had their heyday in the late 60’s, while the Who and Genesis are primarily associated with the 70’s (despite, yes, being active in the 60’s). It may only be a few years, but that was a pretty busy few years in rock. It may be splitting hairs, but I found it weird to compare say, the Troggs and Genesis that way.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their own musical opinions, so perhaps I should just shut my pie hole.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button