E-drum experts: HELP ME!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I’ve never seen a USB<->MIDI cable that can accomplish this task. The USB<->MIDI cable needs drivers to work, and those are automatically installed in a desktop OS such as Windows.

mrcoupdetat
    Participant

Sorry to chime in with a dumb question, but what is the original reason why your eDrums kit has to go through a PC instead of directly into the midi pro adapter with a usb-midi cable?

I can’t tell you why it doesn’t work — it just doesn’t.

hardcoredrummer
      Participant

is it easy to get a newer ekit to play with rock band 3 via the usb out port? I’m using a midi out still and wondering if the brain dies if I’ll have to learn to do it through a computer. most of the dtx kits have usb now except the high end ones…

mrcoupdetat
        Participant

is it easy to get a newer ekit to play with rock band 3 via the usb out port? I’m using a midi out still and wondering if the brain dies if I’ll have to learn to do it through a computer. most of the dtx kits have usb now except the high end ones…

It’s not that hard. It seemed intimidating at first because I had no fucking clue what I was doing, but I eventually figured it out. A new kit that doesn’t have a dedicated midi out port just requires a few more pieces of software and hardware than an older kit that has a dedicated midi out port. The old way required nothing more than a midi cable and the midi adapter. The new way requires a USB cable, a USB-to-midi cable, the midi adapter, a computer, and a program named midi-ox.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button