Dumb Question (What is DRYVOX 1,2,3)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    RongoIK
    Participant

Hi, so im compiling a Green Day song See You Tonight. While trying to compile in reaper i discovered DRYVOX. What do I put in this space? I have 2 vocal harmonies. I know it is probably a dumb question XD thanks!

Fat Halpert
      Participant

Per the authoring docs: http://imgur.com/a/zubec

You can also use Audacity if you prefer. Dry vox is your lip sync.

You can reach me on Discord: Fat Halpert#3165

RongoIK
        Participant

Per the authoring docs: http://imgur.com/a/zubec

You can also use Audacity if you prefer. Dry vox is your lip sync.

Oh ok thanks for the quick help!

RongoIK
          Participant

Oh wait i forgot to ask if they are required…

Archer
            Participant

Oh wait i forgot to ask if they are required…

I don’t think so. I think if you don’t have them, the singer (in-game) simply doesn’t move his mouth.

RongoIK
              Participant

I don’t think so. I think if you don’t have them, the singer (in-game) simply doesn’t move his mouth.

Ok awesome, thanks guys

Fat Halpert
                Participant

They aren’t required, but you’ll need a blank file to give Magma. If you aren’t working with stems I advise you to just go the extra mile and record yourself saying the lyrics of the song in Audacity and enunciating clearly. If you don’t care at all about it though then just give Magma a blank file in the dry vox section.

You can reach me on Discord: Fat Halpert#3165

bsbloom
                  Participant

Simpler work-around: Solo the vocal section and record (i.e., render) that (in mono, 16000, 16 bit). That can serve as a DryVox. The animated singer will move its mouth when the vocal notes occur.

This is discussed in the authoring docs. It is very easy to make, and works almost as well as a real recording of you singing. Helps for those, like me, who suck at singing.

mb1nightmare
                    Participant

IIRC, Dry vox also works for “score mapping”. So, in Reaper, render the the vocal section as bsbloom said or record your own dry vox with a microphone (Reaper also works for this).

Binty
                      Participant

Simpler work-around: Solo the vocal section and record (i.e., render) that (in mono, 16000, 16 bit). That can serve as a DryVox. The animated singer will move its mouth when the vocal notes occur.

This is discussed in the authoring docs. It is very easy to make, and works almost as well as a real recording of you singing. Helps for those, like me, who suck at singing.

Hi there,

I’m kinda happy with the idea of the Dryvox track being required for lipsynch. Can I just confirm though that if I want the singer to be lipsynching to the song, in addition to this dryvox track I have to still add notes into the vocals midi editor for every single syllable and then import the lyrics into those midi notes (as per Nyxyxylth’s tutorial)? I’d love my singer to be singing along and to make it work I’ve recorded a dryvox track and then gone through this process to import the lyrics (I’ve made all the notes unpitched at this point as I’m not particularly confident about pitching them all correctly etc…).

Essentially I’m wondering if there is a work-around to get the singer lipsynching without having to chart every syllable in the vocals midi editor? If there is I’ve done a bit of work for nothing haha.

Also, I notice a Dryvox1-stem track above the Dryvox track – this had some audio in it that I assume was automatically generated by my dryvox recording somehow? Is it essential? Just wondering.

Thanks for any help / info.

Anonymous

That’ was lipsyncing that shares through game…

I think that i post that kind of dumb question…

That can be animate thru game…

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Customs Creators Collective mobile app

FujiSkunk
                          Keymaster

Can I just confirm though that if I want the singer to be lipsynching to the song, in addition to this dryvox track I have to still add notes into the vocals midi editor for every single syllable and then import the lyrics into those midi notes (as per Nyxyxylth’s tutorial)? I’d love my singer to be singing along and to make it work I’ve recorded a dryvox track and then gone through this process to import the lyrics (I’ve made all the notes unpitched at this point as I’m not particularly confident about pitching them all correctly etc…).

I get the impression you’re trying to find a way for the in-game vocalist to “sing along” without actually charting playable vocals. The short answer is, that’s not possible, sorry to say.

The vocal chart’s MIDI notes are not involved in lip-sync creation, however, the animation cues (“[idle]”, “[play]”, etc.) are used. Without those cues, the vocalist will stay “silent”, even with a dryvox track. Providing those cues requires having a vocal chart, which means vocals will be enabled as a play option for the song, even if you haven’t charted any MIDI notes. Also, Magma probably would complain about the lack of MIDI notes.

Also, I notice a Dryvox1-stem track above the Dryvox track – this had some audio in it that I assume was automatically generated by my dryvox recording somehow? Is it essential? Just wondering.

Not sure what you’re asking here. Each of the three possible vocal parts can have its own dryvox audio track. There shouldn’t be any MIDI or other tracks to add, unless you’re doing something really fancy.

Eralaycle
                            Blocked

International Journal of Essential Oil Therapeutics 1 4 158 66, 2007 doxycycline for sale online 923 No paid job 1

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Back to top button