Duets and dryvox

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

If dryvox1 animates lipsync for vocals and for harm1, how can you chart a duet and not have both parts lipsynced by the lead singer while playing harmonies? Am I completely off here? Shouldn’t there be four dryvox tracks, one for V and three for H1,2 & 3? I found no mention in the forums or the docs, only that dryvox1 animates V and H1.

:confused:

TrojanNemo
    Participant

Part Vocals is what you sing when you’re singing along to a song. That may entail singing parts that belong in harmonies. So if you’re charting only Part Vocals, you put the whole dryvox on dryvox1.

But once you have harmonies charted, you assign only harm1 to dryvox1, harm2 to dryvox2 and harm3 to dryvox3. Then you need to change the camera cuts on the Venue to point to the right singer (i.e. vocalist, guitarist, or bassist) if / when it’s only harm2 or harm3 singing. Also, drummer’s lipsync comes from harm1, so if you want to cut to them singing keep that in mind, and add the marker in the venue just like you do for guitar/bass.

That’s all there is to it.

EDIT: I think? It’s been a long while since I’ve messed with this.

Part Vocals is what you sing when you’re singing along to a song. That may entail singing parts that belong in harmonies. So if you’re charting only Part Vocals, you put the whole dryvox on dryvox1.

But once you have harmonies charted, you assign only harm1 to dryvox1, harm2 to dryvox2 and harm3 to dryvox3. Then you need to change the camera cuts on the Venue to point to the right singer (i.e. vocalist, guitarist, or bassist) if / when it’s only harm2 or harm3 singing. Also, drummer’s lipsync comes from harm1, so if you want to cut to them singing keep that in mind, and add the marker in the venue just like you do for guitar/bass.

That’s all there is to it.

EDIT: I think? It’s been a long while since I’ve messed with this.

I actually LOL’ed when I realized that it’s accomplished by “cheating”! :wth: That’s friggin’ awesome!

Looks like exporting the autogenerated venue and adding those cuts where required is the simplest way. I’m betting that choreographing the entire song by hand is a very long, tedious process – but that the results could be quite spectacular.

Well, it’s time to go do some more learnin’. Thanks for the clear explanation, Nemo.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button