Drum replacements for RB4 PS4?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    StrayGuitarist
    Participant

My roommate and I love playing Rockband, it’s been a tradition for years, but alas, his ancient PS3 drumkit is starting to wear down quite noticeably. It seems like official RB4 drumkits are stupid expensive now, and trying to find a used RB2 or 3 kit would be really hard, if it even works in the end. However, since I’m a musician, I’ve been considering buying an electronic drum kit for composing percussion myself– is there a way to use one of those with a MIDI-out as a kit in RB4 with the keyboard adapter, or some kind of other replacement?

LARG
      Participant

You should be able to use the Pro Midi Adapter for PS3 (will work on ps4) set to drum mode. Just make sure the kit you’re buying is compatible.

Spike1958
        Participant

If you can find the Midi Pro Adapter(which will work with drums, keyboard or guitar) for a reasonable price, then you cannot go wrong with the Alesis Nitro Mesh head kit.

Works perfectly with RB3 and RB4. Is much quieter than the RB drum sets(except for the cymbals, which are only quieter).

A bonus of the Alesis drum brain(over the Roland TD4 I used to have) is that you can map the hihat midi note separately for closed, open, or splash. The TD4 had them tied together, change one, you changed all. This meant that when you used the hihat pedal to change the yellow cymbal to blue, it would count as a note. The Alesis can be set to make the pedal depression just not be recognized by the PS, so it does not break your streak.

And I think you need to go this route anyway(or get an RB2/3 kit) because a PS4 RB4 drumkit will not work on RB3 on the PS3(if you are still playing RB3 that is)

hardcoredrummer
          Participant

just a heads up on plastic drums. the guitar hero drums work with rb. you just can’t do pro drums which you wouldn’t be able to do anyway unless you had the cymbal pack. you can also use the midi in port of the gh drums to use with a ekit if you can’t find the pro adapter…the band hero module was detachable and had both midi in and out…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button