Drum Reduction Question [I’m Fine Now :)]

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I can chart out the expert (didn’t have to this time, but I have before on guitar only charts), but I’ve been having serious problems with Hard. Medium, and Easy were simple to reduce for me, but for hard, I’ve looked at the guidelines for reducing on the wiki, and everything. It just seems like its only supposed to be a slight reduction, is that the case?

I feel like I’m doing it partly right, like with the hi hat hits.

They go ______ on expert,

On hard I have them more separate, like _ _ _ _ _, somewhat more simplistic, but I don’t think its too easy.

TrojanNemo
    Participant

Lose the second red blue notes. No way you can have that on medium.

Lose the second red blue notes. No way you can have that on medium.

Alright, I figured, but I was struggling because I felt like it didn’t play as well without one of them. Probably because I’m used to higher difficulties and I’m not used to charting lol

Out of curiosity, what is the tempo of that song? If it’s around 100pbm or below that shouldn’t be a issue, but if it’s faster then yeah, 3 16th’s in a row is a bit too much on Medium (unless those are 8ths and I am being stupid here due to being used to the Expert preview window being faster, in which case I think it could be kept up to around 120-130bpm personally).

I am unsure if I’m properly charting hard difficulty.

Farottone
      Keymaster

Are you following RBN docs guidelines?

Are you following RBN docs guidelines?

Yup, I’ve been following them since the beginning. I’ve just been feeling every time I do a reduction that it’s not correctly reduced, and would be either too easy or too hard, but not in that right place in between the medium and expert difficulties.

I might also be having so much trouble because I usually don’t play drums. It’s more difficult than any other part that I’ve had to chart before, and it seems like it should be so simple.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button