Do you prefer any GH OR RB covers over the original?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    lifeismusic5
    Participant

I wonder, does anyone here actually like a GH OR RB cover more than the original song? I personally cant say I do, I mean yeah Green Grass & High Tides is a fantastic cover & of course DWDTG from GH3 is legendary, but outside of those 2 songs I usually love to have the original songs if possible. I also would like to thank the amazing charters on here for replacing a bunch of covers on my hard drive. I couldnt wait to replace most of them haha.

jerrylive365
      Participant

IMO, no cover should ever be in Rock Band.

Having said that, if we were to actually play the song with real instruments, WE would be the cover band. Yikes!

lifeismusic5
        Participant

IMO, no cover should ever be in Rock Band.

Having said that, if we were to actually play the song with real instruments, WE would be the cover band. Yikes!

Hmm good observation haha. The only covers I like are those that are better than the original like where you used to think it was the original until years later. Similary the only band that get’s a pass for their cover songs is Ninja Sex Party.

Hmm good observation haha. The only covers I like are those that are better than the original like where you used to think it was the original until years later. Similary the only band that get’s a pass for their cover songs is Ninja Sex Party.

umm marilyn manson was the king of covers for years.

five finger death punch..when they cover a song…THEY COVER A SONG.

Ninja doesnt a decent job for a guy with a 2-3 octave range

naginalJJ
          Participant

Deftones make the best covers to me

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

lifeismusic5
            Participant

Deftones make the best covers to me

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Well naturally haha 😉🤣

School´s Out, Sunshine of Your Love, Slow Ride. All in GH3

PikedPike
              Participant

This is a take that doesn’t agree with me even slightly, NSPs Covers are imo some of the actual worst cover versions out there. (I like the band, heck I did the pro keys for 10 songs at this point for it, but unironically Under the Covers Vol 1 is the worst album I have personally listened to [out of about 300 now] all the way through, follwed by vol 2, then then Globe – Big Audio Dyanamite [Rush is a fantastic song, that is it, the rest is trash] and then Vol.3 of under the covers.)

About the cover versions, if it is a harmonix cover, I generally don’t like it because it is just trying to be the Original (which obviously makes sense) but because it isn’t it just isn’t as good, I especially wasn’t a fan of the guitar hero ones adding in extra solos.

In terms of actual covers in the game, depends on the song but if the song isn’t the same song then it is fine, whatever rocks your boat.

(I should add, I don’t actually hate covers at all, there is a load of covers I like, some of that liking more than the original. I even like certain albums and YT channels dedicated to covers, just NSP sucks at arranging/producing their covers)

If you use Pro Keys 2 Hands, you a cheater, just saying

YoshiIsDaBomb
                Participant

I always prefer the original over the cover, but I think the GH3 cover of Sunshine of Your Love is one of the few GH/RB covers that I like. Pretty on par with the original (but I still prefer the OG version).

I also would like to thank the amazing charters on here for replacing a bunch of covers on my hard drive. I couldnt wait to replace most of them haha.

Definitely. My face glowed up with glee when I saw the OG version of Train Kept A-Rollin’ finally made as a custom. Amazing work by everyone!

I’m surprised no one has made a custom for the OG version of Mississippi Queen. One of my favorite songs of all time but the cover in RB1 sucks ass. GH3 cover is better but like I said, I always prefer the original over the cover.

jerrylive365
                  Participant

I’m surprised no one has made a custom for the OG version of Mississippi Queen. One of my favorite songs of all time but the cover in RB1 sucks ass. GH3 cover is better but like I said, I always prefer the original over the cover.

Stay tuned!

YoshiIsDaBomb
                    Participant

Stay tuned!

YOOOOOOOOOOOO

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button