DLC not showing up after failed attempt to install RBHP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello. I tried to install the RBHP earlier today. I failed at it (I don’t even know what I did wrong) and now my DLC is not showing up.

I keep my customs, TU4, an offline profile and the RBHP upgrades in a USB stick and my real gamertag and my paid DLC in another USB stick.

I did upgrade my songs with Harmonies before and they worked just fine. I even had a party where I plugged in both USB sticks and I got a 900 song library. (It was awesome)

I recently bought some DLC and played it with my “official” USB stick on TU5. I also played some customs on my “Custom” USB stick with TU4.

Today I had some friends coming over and I tried to install the RBHP again. I followed all of the steps

I deleted the song caches on both sticks along with TU5. I copied the Dummy File and the Upgrade Bundle into my Customs Stick (as I did before), I launched the game with only the custom USB plugged. It loaded the song list and showed up DLC with blank album covers and Harmonies info. I turned off the xbox and plugged in the “official stick” without cache and TU5. I launched the game and it did the load of the songs. I deleted the Dummy file. I launched the game, but only the RB1 export was showing up with harmonies.

The trouble is that my other 300+ DLCs were not showing up! Not even my RB3 DLC. The game just showed up the 8 songs I bought recently and the RB1 export. I checked back into the USB stick and I still had the Upgrade Bundle of the first time i upgraded. I deleted both files and tried to start over. I blundled up a new Dummy File and Upgrade Bundle and did all the steps again but the trouble persisted. Only the RB1 export and the 8 songs I bought recently showed up.

Then I tried to run the game with only my “official” stick and when it was loading the songs the game got stuck in around 140/350 songs loaded. I played customs on my custom stick and I had no problems with that, but I’m worried I corrputed my official DLC files or something.

Did I break my game? Did HMX banned me from playing official DLC? Did I do something wrong?

Right now I just format my “official” USB stick and I’m redownloading all my DLC again. It’s being a pain in the ass (As you may imagine)

Any advice will be appreciated.

I deleted the song caches on both sticks along with TU5. I copied the Dummy File and the Upgrade Bundle into my Customs Stick (as I did before), I launched the game with only the custom USB plugged. It loaded the song list and showed up DLC with blank album covers and Harmonies info. I turned off the xbox and plugged in the “official stick” without cache and TU5.

After reading this it sounds like you’re mixing up your usb sticks. If the customs stick only has the rbhp upgrade, and you changed to your offical stick with TU5 and no rbhp upgrade. how can it work?

You say you have 2 user profiles, so treat each usb stick as a separate entity, with a profile, cache, rbhp file and TU file. Build the cache and rbhp cache with the same version of TU either TU4 or TU5, don’t mix or change TU versions.

I doubt your dlc or customs were corrupt. if anything your rb3 saved game (not your profile) might have been . Dlc never gets written to or changed.

After reading this it sounds like you’re mixing up your usb sticks. If the customs stick only has the rbhp upgrade, and you changed to your offical stick with TU5 and no rbhp upgrade. how can it work?

You say you have 2 user profiles, so treat each usb stick as a separate entity, with a profile, cache, rbhp file and TU file. Build the cache and rbhp cache with the same version of TU either TU4 or TU5, don’t mix or change TU versions.

I doubt your dlc or customs were corrupt. if anything your rb3 saved game (not your profile) might have been . Dlc never gets written to or changed.

Eh, on the subject of changing TU versions with RBHP, I recommend always building your song cache with TU5 and downgrading to TU4, as that will unlock Dani California and Black Hole Sun.

Instead of formatting your entire memory unit, the first step should be to delete your song cache

your “RBHP” install flow should be.

1. Customs stick with no dlc

2. Customs Stick with DLC Stick

3. Copy RBHP files from Customs stick to DLC Stick

4. Play with DLC stick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button