Discussion: “Buried” Keys/PK parts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author

I’ve thought about this before. It’s something that’s stopped me (and probably countless others) from submitting our songs to the C3 pipeline. I include full difficulty 5-lane keys, but tabbing out and trying to piece together every key part for every song I do is way too time consuming and unrealistic, especially when only a fraction of the userbase will play them.

I think if C3 treated pro keys almost like pro gtr/bass upgrades (a welcome cherry on top of an already great custom), and only made 5-lane keys necessary in the greater scope of songs, we’d have a much larger and more varied amount of songs from different authors to look forward to each weekend.

Nyxyxylyth
    Participant
      I’ve thought about this before. It’s something that’s stopped me (and probably countless others) from submitting our songs to the C3 pipeline. I include full difficulty 5-lane keys, but tabbing out and trying to piece together every key part for every song I do is way too time consuming and unrealistic, especially when only a fraction of the userbase will play them.

I think if C3 treated pro keys almost like pro gtr/bass upgrades (a welcome cherry on top of an already great custom), and only made 5-lane keys necessary in the greater scope of songs, we’d have a much larger and more varied amount of songs from different authors to look forward to each weekend.

If keys are prominent, we’re not backing off – pro keys must be charted.

For example: you’re not getting “Rocket Man”** without pro keys as a C3 release.

** No actual C3 release of “Rocket Man” is implied by this statement. Offer void everywhere.

TrojanNemo
      Participant

Does that mean we are getting Rocket Man? If so, I vote for this version!

Sideshow
        Participant

I also remember somebody saying The Zombies “Time of Season” would of been released if it werent for the Pro Keys.

Nyxyxylyth
          Participant
            I also remember somebody saying The Zombies “Time of Season” would of been released if it werent for the Pro Keys.

There’s nothing undoable about that – it’s just hard.

OKAY I’LL DO IT ALREADY because harmonies.

Sideshow
            Participant

No pressure man. I just thought this was one of those songs that should of been on the RB3 disc.

questionmark
              Participant

No pressure man. I just thought this was one of those songs that should of been on the RB3 disc.

Yes pressure! Lots of pressure! Respectful, appreciative, grateful pressure. I want that song!

And there was much rejoicing!

Yay! :dance:

mcatrn
                Participant
                  If C3 decides to remove this from future customs I personally will be ok with that, even happy if its preventing certain songs from being released.

this!

Double-this!

Triplet!

Quadr…tetra…sigh. Also this.

as someone that often plays and enjoys pro keys (on an actual keyboard with the pro adapter), i really wouldn’t care if a song with the conditions described in the original post didn’t have any key charts

If C3 decides to remove this from future customs I personally will be ok with that, even happy if its preventing certain songs from being released.

this!

Double-this!

Triplet!

Quadr…tetra…sigh. Also this.

No this.

I want keys even if it only has one part in the song and nothing else ( Live And Learn , etc. ) but considering the topic I would want keys no matter how major or minor it is in the song.

Hopefully we will get keys for C3 songs no matter what ( my friend who plays keys will be unbelievably happy ) and the harmonies project will make some songs ACTULLY full band ( I’m looking right at you The Final Countdown and Don’t Stop Believing ( GO HARMONIES PROJECT!) . Right at ya. ).

TrojanNemo
                  Participant

I think you and a few other posters have missed the point entirely.

We are not discussing “this song has Keys but they’re hard and I don’t want to chart them” or “going forward C3 songs won’t have keys at all.”

We are discussing “this song has Keys that can’t be charted, and the options are release without Keys or don’t release at all.”

So your choice seems to be “if Keys can’t be charted, don’t release it at all.” Is that what you’re saying?

Farottone
                    Keymaster

We are discussing “this song has Keys that can’t be charted, and the options are release without Keys or don’t release at all.”

Which by the way is our current stance. We are currently withholding a number of songs (not too many, but some of those very, very popular) because they are ready to hit playtesting but keys are either a mess or we don’t have expert authors that are willing to do them. Just to make it clear to the other users, the question was then what should we do with those and with anything in the future fitting the description.

Ummmmmmmmmm. No but there’s gotta’ be someone who can chart stuff this hard? Is there? I’d say release but no keys ( i’m gonna’ have a sad keys player for sure ).

I just wish we could have keys for every song with them , wouldn’t you agree?

So remember I said release with no keys and maybe we’re gonna’ get some Genesis!

Ummmmmmmmmm. No but there’s gotta’ be someone who can chart stuff this hard? Is there?
                      keys are either a mess or we don’t have expert authors that are willing to do them.
                    Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button