Disco Beats in Pro Drums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Divine Smooof
    Participant

I am currently adding the drum track to my MM3 Opening custom. However, I am using a disco beat for the X chart. How would I chart out the Pro chart (the reaper template for RBN2 only shows the ability to make Y,B,G notes into Toms). What I mean to say is, is there a way I can force Red notes to be Yellow Hi-Hats and force yellow notes to be red notes in the pro chart?

Divine Smooof
      Participant

On a slightly related note, I am getting messages in Magma saying: drum mix “x” supports exactly y (total) drum channels; this song has 1/0 drum channels.

I assume I need to have an audio file for each channel (kick, snare, etc.), but is there an easier way to do it?

Oddbrother
        Participant

Insert one text event in where you want to start the disco flip (mix # drums#d) and another after that to go back to standard charting (mix # drums#). In-between these text events, continue authoring red notes as hi-hats and yellow notes as snares, and do not use tom markers. The authoring will appear as properly intended for both basic and pro drums.

Source: http://pksage.com/rbndocs/index.php?tit … Mix_Events

You can have one audio file for the entire drum kit, but it has to be stereo.

Divine Smooof
          Participant

Even after setting the audio file to “stereo” I am still getting the same errors. What do I need to do (and where) in Reaper to get the errors to stop. I don’t know how to set the drums as one audio track.

Even though I set it to mix 0, it still asks for 2 audio tracks.

Farottone
            Keymaster

Don’t touch the drum mix events preset in the template, use stereo files, use Kit for Drum mix in Magma.

Divine Smooof
              Participant

I had this issue when using the basic template. This is the basic setup and the errors that appear with it:

http://i.imgur.com/CUCmPRQ.png

TrojanNemo
                Participant

You’re not 1) paying attention to what is being told to you and 2) not reading the authoring Docs.

Farottone said not to mess with the mix events that come with “the template.” By the template, you should understand that he’s talking about the C3 template. That’s not what you’re using, because the C3 template has drums0, not drums 2. What drums0, drums2, drums4, etc mean is covered in the Authoring Docs.

More importantly, Magma: C3 Edition takes care of that for you if you have it set to do so. Read the documentation that comes with the program. Always.

EDIT: If you haven’t read through this in its entirety at least once, stop authoring, and start reading.

http://pksage.com/rbndocs/index.php?title=Main_Page

And keep that as a favorite page. Even experienced authors have to refer to it often. So you should be on it the entire time you’re authoring anything.

Farottone
                  Keymaster
                    I had this issue when using the basic template.

No, the C3 Template has no “2” drum mix events, so you either edited it or used something else.

Divine Smooof
                    Participant

I got it to work. I’m new to charting drums so I wasn’t sure what to do. Thanks for all the help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button