Database?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Divine Smooof
    Participant

I really like the C3 database and the way it organizes the songs, is there way I can set up my own (for other purposes)? Is it easy?

As far as your own purposes, what do you mean?

Typically, an excel spreadsheet would be fine, if you want regular online access, you can set it up in google docs.

Do you need a full on database? SQL Server Express, SQLite, or MySQL are free options if you’d like to take the time to learn full database language, You also have the option of MS Access if you have the Office Suite installed on your windows machine.

The easy route would definitely be to open up an excel document.

If you want to learn database language and feel super legit, might want to start here: http://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp

Small side note, to maybe PKSage or whoever can answer, I was curious and was poking around in the html on the database, and noticed a bunch of scripts written in there, one in particular, a music player, I found interesting. Are there any upgrades or anything on the way for the song database? :o

Divine Smooof
      Participant

I just wanted to organize my own things, and I liked the way the C3 Database can resort it’s items based on different criteria (something that, to my knowledge, Excel cannot do).

Farottone
        Keymaster
          I just wanted to organize my own things, and I liked the way the C3 Database can resort it’s items based on different criteria (something that, to my knowledge, Excel cannot do).

It can, you can add multiple fields. The C3 frontend is JQuery, the backend is MySQL. But pksage can be more precise on the matter.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button