Customs with no PC for a friend

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to help a friend get customs, but the only problem is he doesn’t have access to a computer. Can I do all of the computer work on my end and just mail him a flash drive loaded with songs? If it’s possible, would I copy my cache onto the drive? Could he just copy his offline GT info to the drive once he gets it so I don’t need to make one for him?

Farottone
    Keymaster
      I’m trying to help a friend get customs, but the only problem is he doesn’t have access to a computer. Can I do all of the computer work on my end and just mail him a flash drive loaded with songs? If it’s possible, would I copy my cache onto the drive? Could he just copy his offline GT info to the drive once he gets it so I don’t need to make one for him?

Sure, I did that for a friend. You just need a USB key with TU4 loaded. He needs to delete TU5 from the HDD though, if he can’t move to a TU5 key.

The copy-pasting of the cache is to save you time from creating the seemingly random folders on Party Buffalo.

You can just copy-paste yours, follow the instructions (and farottone’s), and then delete your cache through Party Buffalo to avoid possible file conflicts on his xbox.

… not sure how you guys will manage mailing the USB back and forth with every weekly release, though.

Awesome, thanks guys! Yeah I’ll probably just have him mail it back once a month or so, or whenever he’s ready for new songs.

espher
      Participant

How much are you paying to ship it? Might be cheaper for him to grab an old clunky used netbook, unless he has no access to a wifi spot somewhere.

Nyxyxylyth
        Participant

Or you could ship a USB microSD reader the first week, like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 1050NV7499

Then ship microSD cards back and forth in a regular envelope. CHEAP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button