Custom track packs from existing CON files

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

So in this past week, I:

– Found that it’s possible to play customs on Rock Band

– Blew some moolah on a 32GB flash drive

– Pulled some all-nighters downloading many, many customs

Became disappointed at the unfortunate 256 file limit on the usb drive

The only reason why I’m not transferring songs from the USB to the main drive (yet) is because customs get reviewed and updated, and going back to the main drive, deleting the previous version, downloading the new version on the USB, and transferring the songs back to the drive sounds like unnecessary hassle.

Plus, I’ll feel like a doofus for blowing $30 on a 32GB flash drive if I could have just transferred files around with my 4GB drive.

I did, however, remember that custom track packs (see TrojanNemo’s Taylor Swift pack and Keane pack) are available. With that being said, is it possible to “bundle” up customs into track packs to get around the 256 file limit on the USB drive?

Edit: It just hit me that I can compile CON files using Le Fluffie and still keep all the customs on the USB drive. Kinda sucks that I somehow messed up my saved file and have to start the game all over again.

You can get around that limit. Buy another smaller USB drive. Download your songs to that drive and then use the XBox to transfer those songs to your 32GB drive. If you transfer through the XBox, you won’t hit that limit.

Farottone
    Keymaster

I have almost 500 files on my USB stick, never transferred via Xbox, always used Party Buffalo or Horizon.

I have almost 500 files on my USB stick, never transferred via Xbox, always used Party Buffalo or Horizon.

What type of USB drive do you have? I’m using a 32 GB PNY USB drive

TrojanNemo
      Participant

http://forums.customscreators.com/viewt … f=12&t=211

should be the solution you’re looking for. you can autopackage as many files as you want by simply putting them in one folder and using the Packager I added to LeFluffie. I know one of our members has over 1,000 songs packaged into 26(?) packs?

C16

That’s-a me!

And if one of your songs gets updated, you can just extract the package, remove the song’s folder an entry from the DTA, toss the songs folder into the extracted folder and toss the updated song into the input folder, it’ll wrap them all back up into one pack.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button