Custom Songs Not Showing In Library (PS3)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

My custom songs are not showing in my library on my rebug cfw 4.82 ps3. I followed the tutorial and copied about 16 songs to my ps3 along with the songs.dta file using FTP and they are not showing up. I also double checked that all the files are in there with the multi man file browser but when I start up Rock Band 3 they are not showing up for some reason. I have gone back and read through the tutorial about 5 times now and I did everything it said to do. I am not sure what the issue could be. Could someone help? If I am missing any info to help troubleshoot the issue please let me know

Songs not showing in library are always bad DTA files, regardless of the console or the situation (even if you’d try to inject a DTA file in an unmodded PS3 and not using the HAN exploit, you’d still see the song in the list). It COULD also mean your DTA file is not in the right folder. Please post your exact path to DTA file in your PS3 and your RB3 disc region. A screenshot of your FTP client pointing to your customs folder would be best.

Sorry for the late response. I haven’t had time to mess with it until now. But I finally actually got the songs to appear in the RB3 library however when I try to start any of them it just says “Cannot load song. Skipping…” and goes back to the music library. Just to make sure it wasn’t a bad dta file i tried about 10 different songs that were rated the highest. I dowloaded some that were already converted to ps3 and some xbox ones that I converted to ps3 using this guide: http://customscreators.com/index.php?/topic/10443-how-to-playing-customs-on-ps3/

But now the songs appear in the library but won’t let me play them. I can’t figure out what I’m missing. Please help!

Songs not showing in library are always bad DTA files, regardless of the console or the situation (even if you’d try to inject a DTA file in an unmodded PS3 and not using the HAN exploit, you’d still see the song in the list). It COULD also mean your DTA file is not in the right folder. Please post your exact path to DTA file in your PS3 and your RB3 disc region. A screenshot of your FTP client pointing to your customs folder would be best.

Sorry for the late response. I haven’t had time to mess with it until now. But I finally actually got the songs to appear in the RB3 library however when I try to start any of them it just says “Cannot load song. Skipping…” and goes back to the music library. Just to make sure it wasn’t a bad dta file i tried about 10 different songs that were rated the highest. I dowloaded some that were already converted to ps3 and some xbox ones that I converted to ps3 using this guide: http://customscreato…customs-on-ps3/

But now the songs appear in the library but won’t let me play them. I can’t figure out what I’m missing. Please help!

I did ask for a screenshot of your FTP client pointing to your customs folder inside your PS3 and the region of the RB3 disc you are using.

Songs showing up means that your dta file is at the right place (at last?), but songs not loading could be alot of different problems. When you are in the song list, do you see the album art (i.e. NOT a white image), can you hear the song preview? Did you install the right RAP file and did you renamed it to the required name for your region? If you want help, I need answers and I need that screenshot, ignoring this will just make things harder for me and you.

I did ask for a screenshot of your FTP client pointing to your customs folder inside your PS3 and the region of the RB3 disc you are using.

Songs showing up means that your dta file is at the right place (at last?), but songs not loading could be alot of different problems. When you are in the song list, do you see the album art (i.e. NOT a white image), can you hear the song preview? Did you install the right RAP file and did you renamed it to the required name for your region? If you want help, I need answers and I need that screenshot, ignoring this will just make things harder for me and you.

Here is a screenshot of my ftp connection. I have the songs located in /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR/HMX0781/songs, and when I put the files in that location that is when they started showing up in RB3. https://imgur.com/a/ITo8x2E

My copy of RB3 is installed to my hdd but it is an NTSC version. When in the game I can see the album artwork for all the custom songs I have, I can hear a preview. I did not install a rap file for the custom songs because they are songs that are not available for purchase in psn so I did not see a RAP file. However to test if it was my system I installed Green Day Track Pack and installed the RAP file and all the songs work perfectly, as well as ‘Don’t Stop Believing’ by Journey. It is only the custom songs that do not work. For example I tried ‘Renai Circulation’ which has a very good rating and comments that state it works for other users, however it does not load. I can hear the preview and see the album art, but it just gives me the message “Cannot load song. Skipping…” once I select it and it returns back to the song library.

In the how-to guide I did not see anything about renaming the files, only to convert them to ps3 and merge them with the songs.dta file and then upload them to my ps3. Am I supposed to rename the custom song file to something specific?

Taken from the guide :

“On your computer grab a USB stick and create a folder called “exdata” on the root of your USB (the first or top-most folder). In the /bin folder of C3 Con Tools, you will find a file called “ps3.rap”. Copy that to the “exdata” folder you created on your USB stick, and rename the file to “UP8802-BLUS30463_00-RBHMXBANDCCFF0D6.rap”. Next, install PSNpatch on your PS3. Once installed, plug your USB stick into the left most port on your PS3, run the program, and press L1. This should install the rap file.”

As you can see, they do tell you to rename the file. This is from the NTSC portion of the guide. The only difference with the current C3 CON Tools version is that now we have 2 rap files, the onle you want is called “ntsc.rap” instead of “ps3.rap”. You said that you followed the instructions to the letter, but your actions says otherwise.

Now you are mixing things with Green Day. What are you saying? Are you saying that most custom songs works fine? If yes, then you are set. A very few songs do not work when converting to PS3 for unknown reasons. You can try changing the encryption type when converting from xbox format, but that’s all you can really do, unless of course you want to learn how authoring and stuff works, where you can try more things. Sadly, to know if a song works on PS3 you cannot rely on people saying it works on X360 (you have to understand that the big majority of users are using an xbox).

Regarding the screenshot: the converter uses by default the Rock Band 2 Free Pack folder which is “HMX0756” and you are apparently using “HMX0781”. The way that PS3 works is using encoded midi files in edat format, and they are encoded with a specific K-license and rap file for a specific folder so the only way that would work is changing the used rap file in “(root of C3 CON Tools)/bin/rap” and editing the klic.txt file with the k-license for that folder. Stick with RB2 Free Pack folder for simplicity’s sake, the rap file for it is included. You also want to make sure RB3 is updated to latest version as the convertion process was tailored for that version. Also, if you did change the rap file and modified the klic.txt file for idk what reason I suggest you re-download C3 CON Tools to roll back to the OG files.

To be honest, I’d suggest starting from scratch. Delete your customs on your PS3. Install the rap file (renamed as shown above), redownload C3 CON Tools to be 100% sure you have the right files, and re-convert your customs from Xbox format to PS3, and then move them to HMX0756/songs. Just doing this should work. Also, just for information, if you download any customs on this website already converted in PS3 format, they are encoded for the HMX0756 folder, they won’t work anywhere else, that’s just another good reason to not change the used folder.

MrBrightside80808
    Participant

Hi

sorry this is a 2021 post so you might feel like travelling back in time.

I also have the same problem as him. songs not appearing on song list.

i have ntsc version of the game (region 1)
      i copied the ntsc.rap from C3CON but
      there is no 00000001 folder in /dev_hdd0/home
      so i made /dev_hdd0/home/00000001/exdata
      and pasted ntsc.rap
      then renamed it to BLUS30463_00-RBHMXBANDCCFF0D6.rap

on filezilla, there is no BLUS30463 appearing in /dev_hdd0/game, so i created a folder.
      /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR/HMX0756/songs
      i put the songs and the songs.dat file here

but the songs are not appearing in the song list.

i also tried copying the RB3 into the internal HD of the PS3
      it created a folder
      /dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30463-[Rock Band 3]
      so i tried making a folder
      /dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30463-[Rock Band 3]/USRDIR/HMX0756/songs
      and put the songs and songs.dat file here

but the songs are not appearing in the song list.

Help! Thanks in advance!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button