Custom Microphone Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Sorry I can’t just guess and check this. I bought a $200 USB Microphone from Guitar Center & it significantly improved my scores on Rock Band & Rock Band 2. On Rock Band 3 it wouldn’t kick in Overdrive so I let my cousin have it (who lives a state away). Now, I can’t remember if it originally worked for RB3 & we lost functionality with TU5 or if it never worked. Before I go through the complexities of making him get that mic back to me, I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on whether it would work with TU4. If not…

Can anyone build a patch to make it work… In that we are in the realm of custom mods…

Thanks!

TrojanNemo
    Participant

Can anyone build a patch to make it work… In that we are in the realm of custom mods…

:haw:

Oddbrother
      Participant

I think you’re mistaking this place for Doc’s Rock Band Mods.

Sideshow
        Participant

I nearly spat out my dinner looking at TrojanNemo’s reply. Good times.

I think you’re mistaking this place for Doc’s Rock Band Mods.

Not really. I’m just not remembering if this was a Rock Band 3 issue or a TU5 issue. The commercialization of Rock Band forced the developers to start worrying about the bottom line over the consumer experience. The same mentality that led to a TU5 which bans custom tracks also banned my custom mic, forcing me to use their stock mic (or GH’s). I just don’t remember if it was a disk block or a TU5 block, & since so many people here are back on TU4, I thought someone might be able to answer my question before I sent for my hardware.

I don’t need a modded mic. You can buy 5 different USB mics at Guitar Center, plug them straight in to the XBox, and start playing Rock Band 1 or 2 with no problems, & you’ll score 10-20% better if you are a tenor or lower, but on RB3, no Overdrive even if you scream bloody murder.

So while I’m here, I figure, if TU5 is not the issue, maybe ask someone to program me some help…

TrojanNemo
          Participant

So while I’m here, I figure, if TU5 is not the issue, maybe ask someone to program me some help…

Except you’re missing the point. There is not “programming some help” if the programming involves modifying the game code.

I use an XLR microphone, XLR to 1/4 cable, and 1/4 cable to usb mod following the instructions on Docs’ forums. Works perfectly fine.

Except you’re missing the point. There is not “programming some help” if the programming involves modifying the game code.

I use an XLR microphone, XLR to 1/4 cable, and 1/4 cable to usb mod following the instructions on Docs’ forums. Works perfectly fine.

Same here. I have two Shure SM58 mics rigged the same way and they work great.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button