Custom deleted without being given a chance to correct mistakes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SanicStudios
    Participant

I’ve just found out thanks to a DM that my personal cover of AJR’s 100 Bad Days was deleted. I’m aware the original is in RB4. I did use the original vocals pieced together but I did not use the Rock Band rip of the vocal track. I made sure that I did not upload the chart with any Harmonix content in it.

Please can an admin or somebody of the sort tell me why my cover/custom was deleted from the database with absolutely zero warning whatsoever.

nsw1-6
      Participant

I’ve just found out thanks to a DM that my personal cover of AJR’s 100 Bad Days was deleted. I’m aware the original is in RB4. I did use the original vocals pieced together but I did not use the Rock Band rip of the vocal track. I made sure that I did not upload the chart with any Harmonix content in it.

Please can an admin or somebody of the sort tell me why my cover/custom was deleted from the database with absolutely zero warning whatsoever.

Someone might have reported it and admins shot it down without looking. Having the original vocals in there was probably enough for them to take it down, which is strange…

MrPrezident

You do remember your comment though? It seems like you weren’t sure on the origin of the stems.

mUsKkBi.png

Hope that answers your question. Database listing was removed from public view, we did not delete anything.

Keeping the content Canadian since 2017!

SomeOldGuys: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/someoldguys
          MrPrezident: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/MrPrezident

Farottone
          Keymaster

You told us the Rock Band version could very well be the version you used, so we had to remove it. If you go back and make sure what you used was not taken from the RB4 version we can unhide it, but we went with what you told us. Just make sure the source is not RB4 because a check will be done.

beard216
            Participant

Example:

I had a version of “Prequel to the Sequel” that was identical to the RB version except that it had the missing 3 minutes of the song. it was taken down due to the first 5 mins being HMX’s.

SanicStudios
              Participant

I don’t have the ability to change the chart if I need to now. I would’ve reuploaded the track and completely redone the vocals from scratch with a guaranteed copyright-free rip of the vocals not from Rock Band. I can’t even see the page myself because it’s hidden from my list

EDIT: My phrasing was a bit off in that comment now that I read it. I specifically searched for the vocals on YouTube and made sure not to download a one that had obviously been ripped from RB4. The one I picked had some slight noise to it and so knowing that it couldn’t be a clean rip, I went with that one. I’m 99% sure it’s not the RB4 mix.

NotRocker1999
                Participant

Just did some researching myself, and I can confirm the only version of the legitimate acapella is from RB4. The websites I know of that upload this kind of material appear to just be reuploads of that version. If you want to confirm that you are not using the RB4 vocal track, then it MUST be DIY vocals through something like PhonicMind, RX 7, Spleeter, Demuc, etc. as there is no other legitimate version available.

SanicStudios
                  Participant

Alright, thanks for bringing this up. I’ll see what I can do by hand and I’ll get back. Still doesn’t help that I can’t see the custom myself in order to upload a new file/fixed version.

Farottone
                    Keymaster

Record unhidden with URL removed, so you can update it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button