Craziest Mod you’ve done?

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    jerrylive365
    Participant

Yes, I will, maybe after the repairs. This was the listing though.. Pictures are legit, exactly what I got.

It seems as if it has an issue after all. Some sort of connection issue. The button flashes almost constantly (while working just fine) and eventually shuts itself off pausing the game, Turn it back on and this continues. Brand new batteries, Not sure where to look, havent taken it apart yet. I read somewhere to replace some capacitors. Anyone on here have some tips or troubleshooting steps.

I had a guitar with a similar problem and it was a cold solder joint on the circuit board where the battery leads were. Once I re soldered it I have not had the problem since.

I would also check the battery compartment and make sure there is no corrosion or dirt on the battery contacts just to be certain its not a power issue.

So I took the guitar apart, and I was able to fix the whammy bar. There was a piece of plastic that broke off. I used some gorilla glue and made sure the whammy could still move. Its a little tight to move, but holds in place like normal. Better than being floppy.

The body has that gnarly crack and I watched a few solid body guitar repairs and I think im going to drill into it at an angle under the pick-guard so as not to fuck up the paint anymore than it already is and put in a wooden dowel to make it more solid before filling the crack in with epoxy.

I checked it all out and couldn’t find any noticeable issues. No corrosion. I cleaned it fairly well with some WD40 Electrical contact cleaner anyway though.

My troubleshooting steps so far.

• I took my 360 Slim apart and used my compressor to blow out any and all dust.
      • Shut off the wifi in the house completely 2.4 and 5ghz
      • layed out aluminum foil under and behind the 360 to try to block any interference from under or behind it while leaving the front exposed to the guitar (no more than 6 feet away)
      • cleaned the guts of the guitar
      • new batteries
      • checked for corrosion at battery terminals

But the connection problem persists and the guitar shuts down after 1-4 minutes. I’ve followed the leads from the connection button to the circuit board but didnt see anything like a capacitor. I think Im going to take the circuit board out and look at its backside to see if there is anything there. Anyone have any input for me?

https://imgur.com/gallery/Clym0qA

Very hard to tell from the pictures, but the issue of not staying connected *might* be due to some weak soldered points on the board that is responsible for the wireless connection, so I’d check that carefully just in case there are cracked or soon-to-be-cracked soldered points.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button