Converting Drumania songs to RB/PS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi everbody i’m not sure if this is the right place but do you know if its possible to convert drumania simfiles to rb/ps notes? I know there is a tool to convert dtx2midi but sadly its not working proberly. I really like to play these songs with rb instead of drumania.

Do you guys know a proper working way or do i still have to do it manually?

For those who like to test the tool: https://github.com/akiomik/dtx2midi

sorry for the bad english. I’m not a native speaker

raynebc
    Participant

If nobody ever made a better converter it could be kind of interesting to add some kind of DTX import to EOF or something. Does anybody know if there happens to be any good sources documenting the chart format other than this one:

https://osdn.net/projects/dtxmania/wiki/DTX+data+format

An import script would be awesome. I thought about it a while ago but my coding skills aren’t that good.

The thing i don’t get how the program manages note positions and bpm changes.

What exactly would you need thats missing in the documentation you linked?

raynebc
      Participant

I wouldn’t necessarily need more information, but the website lists the English description of the format as “under construction” and I thought that could mean it is possibly incomplete.

The format defines timing as measure intervals, ie. if a measure defines 8 objects, each object is 1/8 measure apart. If you want different spacing, you have to define NULL objects (analogous to rest notes in music theory). Due to the way this timing is defined, if you want two notes to play at the same time (ie. a bass drum and a snare), you have to define multiple lines of objects for the measure.

They have multiple ways to define changes. The one for setting a floating point change is a bit confusing but I think I see how to do it (you define the tempo as an object number and then set the tempo to that object number). I guess that’s their workaround with extending a format based on using integers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button