- This topic is empty.
May 16, 2013 at 7:14 am #388593KyleJCrbParticipant
I have been working on converting some older customs made for RB2 by converting them to RBA format with RawkSD and then compiling them with RB3Maker. After a lot of trial and error, I have had good success in getting them to work, but there is one small thing that is still bugging me and holding me back from putting these tracks for download: the song preview on the in-game track selection list doesn’t work. I noticed that the songs.dta that RawkSD generates is filled with mostly generic values, including automatically setting every song’s length to 5 minutes, regardless of the actual length. My first thought was that the wrong song length value was killing the preview, but even after figuring out the proper length of the songs and rebuilding the CON, they are still was not working. It’s not a showstopper bug or anything as the songs actually play perfectly, but I’d like to at least have them working as properly as possible. I realize I’m probably not using the “ideal” method in any step of this process,but any help would be appreciated.May 16, 2013 at 9:53 am #399683FarottoneKeymaster
Not really interested in quick and dirty ways to port so-and-so customs over to RB3, but I was curious about how you got around the animations/venue issues without going through Reaper.May 16, 2013 at 11:31 am #399689PikminGuts92Participant
There’s no automated process unless you have the original RBN1 era RBA file. You need to go through Magma to fix any errors in the chart. If you do that, then you’re pretty much guaranteed both the chart and audio will work in RB. To be clear, are you creating this for
/LEGO or RB3?May 16, 2013 at 4:00 pm #399694KyleJCrbParticipantNot really interested in quick and dirty ways to port so-and-so customs over to RB3, but I was curious about how you got around the animations/venue issues without going through Reaper.
Surprisingly, it ended being pretty simple. All I needed to do was run the RBA through RB3Maker to extract all the song files, then put a file in the same directory called rb3maker.parms containing the flag “game_origin_check,0” and rebuild the song again. This disables RB3Maker whining about a song not matching the ugc_plus origin and allows the song to be built into an RB3con. This keeps the venue stuff intact without having to rechart anything, and the game will use it properly just like it does any RB1 and RB2-era DLC. The one drawback seems to be the song preview breaking, which of course could very well be caused by the entire process I’m using. I can live with it, but I’d like to fix it if I can.
PikminGuts92: As far as I’m aware, these conversions work only in RB3. I haven’t tried them with anything else. I would eventually like to see if I can update these customs to actual RB3 standards at some point, but I sadly can’t get into doing charting myself right now since I have a few too many other projects going on.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.