Conversion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    braxtonhall
    Participant

I have files ready be played in Frets on Fire, and was wondering how to convert them to work in Rock Band. As soon as exam season is over, I plan on taking the time to learn to author myself, but in the meantime, is there a quick and simple way to convert? I don’t even need animations or lip-syncing done, only working charts in game. Thanks in advance.

Farottone
      Keymaster
        I have files ready be played in Frets on Fire, and was wondering how to convert them to work in Rock Band. As soon as exam season is over, I plan on taking the time to learn to author myself, but in the meantime, is there a quick and simple way to convert? I don’t even need animations or lip-syncing done, only working charts in game. Thanks in advance.

Do you know how to use Reaper or do you just want some “take MID file and convert to a working CON” tool (which doesn’t exist, but still…).

braxtonhall
        Participant

I have a basic understanding of Reaper, but my basic understanding lends itself to this being a rather long process. I was hoping for something more along the lines of converting the mid file to one that works with Rock Band by adding in blank events and venue tracks, making a dta file myself and then packaging it myself.

If that’s not possible I’ll just do it slowly and laboriously. Thank you for informing me though.

Farottone
          Keymaster
            I have a basic understanding of Reaper, but my basic understanding lends itself to this being a rather long process. I was hoping for something more along the lines of converting the mid file to one that works with Rock Band by adding in blank events and venue tracks, making a dta file myself and then packaging it myself.

If that’s not possible I’ll just do it slowly and laboriously. Thank you for informing me though.

Notes are gonna be too long (which will break the combo every single time), you’ll miss OD, hopos won’t be there, etc. Not worth it, frankly.

v4vendetta
            Participant

It’s worth it for him. He can find out if he’s willing to take the next step.

If you want a quick conversion, download RawkSD, plug in your mid, your song ogg, some blank oggs with the right amount of channels for each instrument (drums 4, everything else 2), let it create the RBA, then use RB3maker to convert it to con. There you go, you’ll have a simple screwed up con, and even an automated venue if you checked the right box in RawkSD. Forgot which one.

Farottone
              Keymaster
                It’s worth it for him. He can find out if he’s willing to take the next step.

Good point, you’re right.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button