charting green overdrive activation for drums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    hardcoredrummer
    Participant

Hey there

i’m new here and thinking about trying to author something. long road ahead…

i was curious as a play these custom songs as i can’t recall how harmonix did things.

i turn off drum fills so i just get the overdrive note when half full of power etc. i can’t remember where harmonix put them but i see a lot of custom authors are putting them as extra green cymbal hits beside green cymbal that’s a part of the song. naturally i would be like why not just make it part of the songs green cymbal in parts it’s used. to me why not but that forces people to activate it. also trying to activate some of these just feels unnatural to the song and obviously wrong. i’d probably put it in a break somewhere. i find trying to activate them sometimes and missing kills my multiplier…

i’m not sure really why you wouldn’t want to activate it other than the fact it lets you activate half a bar of power instead of a full. kind of dumb but anyway. maybe you want to fill the whole thing who knows

so i suppose i should look at the authoring rules like flams red and yellow etc. are there rules on how to do the od activation or can i force it into the song notes?

sorry didn’t know if this should go in the authoring section forum

BornGamerRob
      Participant

if you see two green cymbals, it means the fill was authored incorrectly. there are a lot of customs on here (some early ones of mine included – but i’m fixing those), that put the fill lane directly over the last note. that causes two notes to show up when it’s a green cymbal.

if you want the rules to fill authoring, read the Drum Fills section in the authoring docs:

http://docs.c3universe.com/rbndocs/index.php?title=Drum_Authoring

Once you know the rules, you’ll be better suited to properly place the trigger note. Yes, sometimes it’s nice when it’s part of an official crash in the game; however, placing where a fill makes sense and you crash at the end of that fill is always preferred.

hardcoredrummer
        Participant

thanks. so how is it fixed? like how should these songs be charted with the over drives?

is that something easily done learning reaper etc?

sorry should this be in the authoring section? it was kind of a question for regular chat and then well how to fix etc…

BornGamerRob
          Participant

is that something easily done learning reaper etc?

yes. definitely easy to do once you learn reaper. you can correct the issues you see with tracks, or you can put the trigger wherever you want it if you liked it somewhere else.

hardcoredrummer
            Participant

yes. definitely easy to do once you learn reaper. you can correct the issues you see with tracks, or you can put the trigger wherever you want it if you liked it somewhere else.

thanks….let the learning begin. reaper take a while to get use to?

hardcoredrummer
              Participant

so going over the first read it didn’t make much sense. sorry i turn off drum fills. personally i don’t like making up fills for the overdrive. not because it’s not fun but for me it’s not part of the song i rather just keep playing the song. that’s fun for me that and guitar hero didn’t do it and i first played that game before rock band….

so other than the glitches i assume the timing of the crash is because they are putting in artificial rolls to activate it correct?

the other thing i’ve noticed and perhaps you can shine a light on it was that when the green crash comes up again no fills for me. the rest of the song stops like it’s just a green cymbal in a gap which again kind of ruins the tempo the song. i’m talking consistant hi hats or bass drum. just everything stops for that one green out of place….odd

hardcoredrummer
                Participant

hey is there a song limit with rock band 3?

hey is there a song limit with rock band 3?

Yes, the limit is 2952 songs. The 48 trainers count against the limit too, sadly.

Yes, the limit is 2952 songs. The 48 trainers count against the limit too, sadly.

always found it odd they count the trainers but not the 83 on disc lmao

hardcoredrummer
                  Participant

do they count imports from the first 2 games?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button