Chart-a-thon Final Day, Final Release! C3 NYE Bash!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 390 total)
  • Author
    nsw1-6
    Participant
      ============================
      Day Twenty-One Slot 2: Single
      jg407qbavollz6w6g.jpg
      5-Lane Keys/OD/Reductions: ejthedj
      Audio Source Lineage: 1972 Quad Mix -> 2005/6 “5.1 Surround” Reissue SACD -> Audacity (EQ/Mixing) -> New Mix-down .wav file
      Another one of the Moodies biggest tracks. Not much to say about it, though I think the guitar solo combined with the horns from the refrain is one of their best musical moments.
      If you download any of these songs, or if you enjoy our Chart-a-thon content, please consider making a donation at chartathon.com. 90 cents per download is the suggested donation, and all proceeds go directly to the American Cancer Society.
      SONG COUNT: 177777777
      Next up is BornGamerRob
      BornGamerRob
      Participant

Getting down to my final releases, and these are some of my favorites, especially since they’re relevant specifically to this month. No, not Happy Honda Days, sorry to disappoint. These releases are directly related to Christmas, but not necessarily your typical holiday cheer. The three songs below represent the season a bit alternatively, which is why I deem them my Punk Navidad pack.

First up!

The Kinks – Father Christmas
        49146929343_a64bec436e.jpg
        DOWNLOAD LINK | VIDEO PREVIEW

My neighbor introduced me to this single back in the 80s, and once I heard it, it’s been part of my regular rotation during the holiday time. The song essentially tells a tale of less fortunate children insisting with violence that Father Christmas hand over cash and save the toys for the rich kids. Sounds harsh, but the message is on point. Since it wasn’t already a custom, I found it a great opportunity to get it in the database. And what a GREAT song for Rock Band; you’re gonna love it to play.

Next!

The Vandals – Oi to the World
        49147422196_d1e54479ce.jpg

Similar to Father Christmas, violence is a central theme. They’re a punk band, whadya expect? However, the difference here is, by the end of the tale, tolerance and peace are achieved. This song was also covered by No Doubt, who brought it more into the spotlight in 1997 than The Vandals had a year prior. Having now mainstream exposure from No Doubt, The Vandals re-released their version in 2000 with completely different album art (the album art on this custom is from the original release). The Vandals still regularly play their version live during their tours.

Finally!

Poly Styrene – Black Christmas
        49147422251_6dabb60004.jpg

Who is Poly Styrene?? She was a British singer-songwriter who formed a punk rock band X-Ray Spex in the 70s. She eventually went solo in the 80s and stayed solo for the rest of her career in music. I have huge respect for this female punk pioneer who was unconventional in every aspect of the norms, but persevered and continued to record music all the way up until her death from breast cancer in 2011. This song is the more depressing of the bunch and was meant to be the polar opposite of the lyrical prose “dreaming of a white Christmas.” Simple for Rock Band, I hope it finds a place in your holiday setlist.

If you’ve downloaded this holiday music, why not log it as part of your tally of songs from this event and consider giving at least the $10 minimum at chartathon.com.

Song Count: 180

NEXT UP! grubextrapolate and yaniv297 return with something that will change your life!

yaniv297
        Keymaster

“Father Christmas” is awesome, thanks for that!

grubextrapolate
          Participant

This Is the Day your life will surely change

I’ve had The The on my wishlist for a while, so when Yaniv posted that he was looking for collaborators to work on “This Is the Day”, I jumped at the chance to be part of their Rock Band debut. Soul Mining ranks as my favourite The The album and I’m hoping to bring more tracks from it in the future.

Released in the fall of 1983 as the lead single for the first The The album, Soul Mining, “This Is the Day” reached number 71 on the charts before quickly disappearing. Despite the performance of the single, the album was critically well-received and holds a 92/100 aggregate score on Metacritic. This Is the Day is about emerging from adolescence with the world in front of you, self-inflicted sleepless nights, and an inability to quite grasp the sheer enormity of it all. It’s about time slipping through your fingers, and self-doubt – but mostly, it’s about change, and the lack of control we have over it.

The The – This Is the Day

FQOsXXN.jpg

Authored by grubextrapolate & yaniv297

These songs are a part of Chart-a-thon. If you download these songs, or if you enjoy my content, please consider making a donation at http://chartathon.com. All proceeds are donated directly to the American Cancer Society.

SONG COUNT: 181

Next up, Kloporte returns:

-Is five a lot?

-Depends on the context. Bands members? No. Albums in one year? Also no.

yaniv297
            Keymaster

Yes! Great song and so happy to get it out there. Also quite challenging keys to chart!

Next up, Kloporte returns:

-Is five a lot?

-Depends on the context. Bands members? No. Albums in one year? Also no.

Does this have anything to do with a blizzard or maybe just something that rhymes with one?

Kloporte
              Participant

Hey there!

First off, let’s start with a trailer:

I’ve been obsessed with this band for a long time now, and I figured it would be a blast to play their songs on Rock Band. I won’t go in detail and describe every song, so I’ll just say this:

when I began working on this pack, I wanted to pick songs from different albums and, incidentally, different genres. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard features 7 band members, so, suffice to say, there’s plenty of instruments to chart.

It’s also a challenge in itself, because you also need to pick which instrument to chart: one of the three guitars, one of the two drummers, and a keys chart which often features flute, harmonica, and one of several keyboard tracks.

When I was done with the first 4 songs, I decided to chart more of Polygondwanaland and worked on the first half of the album. Since most songs blend into each other, I decided to also compile the first half as one custom for people who want to play it in one go (I did).

If you’re wondering, I will definitely author the second half of the album someday, and I’ve already started working on the 6th track, Loyalty.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard – The River

PTW6baa.jpg

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard – Planet B

W4C3DnA.jpg

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard – People-Vultures

L5IGcPm.jpg

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard – Crumbling Castle

kfuA0ZF.jpg

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard – Polygondwanaland

mtlaNLr.jpg

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard – The Castle In The Air

74on8q8.jpg

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard – Deserted Dunes Welcome Weary Feet

ZLYQute.jpg

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard – Inner Cell

xv2mAyC.jpg

_____

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard – Polygondwanaland (Part 1)

Combining Crumbling Castle, Polygondwanaland, The Castle In The Air, Deserted Dunes Welcome Weary Feet and Inner Cell

ZmaaOFP.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK

Song Count: 189

Next up is GreenPanda12, bringing you an album (yes, an album) from a band that have been on tour with Coheed and Cambria, Say Anything and many more, theyre signed up to Equal Vision Records and have released at least 4 albums with a 5th album on the way. Any clue who it is?

JIManji
                Participant

HYg6Ksm.png

Hello everyone and welcome to my 1st release to Chart-a-thon! Today I bring you an album from a band I have quickly fallen in love with over the past 5 months. I firstly have to thank CUTstudios for showing me this band from one of their interpretations of a song they had written. From there I listened to them non-stop, like seriously non-stop. They quickly became my most listened to artist/band on my Spotify account. So I originally planned to make a 4-pack of these songs with FUGGNUTZ but as I grew to appreciate the songs more I took it upon myself to do the whole album instead. This was a big undertaking but I’m super proud of the results. Some of these venues are the best I have made to date and the tracks are so much fun to play, especially drums and vocals. I hope to do more from this band in the future but I’ve got a lot on my plate atm so we’ll see what happens. Without further ado, here’s I The Mighty with their album “Connector”:

XzaMeTq.jpg

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/an-epilogue-as-a-prologue-r25086

s1jLsiu.jpg

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/lady-of-death-r25087

pO1oN46.jpg

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/the-lying-eyes-of-miss-erray-r23748

OBju8xJ.jpg

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/psychomachia-r25088

QxmdoHe.jpg

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/adrift-r25089

vUzf5PM.jpg

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/slow-dancing-forever-r25090

tucduta.jpg

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/friends-feat-max-bemis-r25091

HxEVh2k.jpg

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/playing-catch-with-22-r25092

G7FO0Zg.jpg

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/andrews-song-r25093

Efpm760.jpg

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/the-hound-and-the-fox-r25094

6dbgGoN.jpg

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/no-faith-in-fate-r25095

3zf3vFU.jpg

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/the-frame-i-betrayal-in-th-r25096

Qba97uw.jpg

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/connector-album-r25097

Song Count: 202

Next up is Yaniv297 with an indie track.

I’m glad to have shown off this band to you: they’re super talented, and I can’t wait to play every song off of Connector!

EmotionalFlight
                  Participant

I am super hyped to play both of these releases. I’m super impressed with the effort here.

Thanks for all of these great songs!

yaniv297
                    Keymaster

rVG4vlN.jpg

So, after previously charting “My Kind of Woman” and “Freaking Out the Neighborhood” from his “2” album, it’s time for more Mac – and this time we’ll move to the next album, “Salad Days”!

“Let Her Go” (which, by the way, is completely unrelated to the Passenger hit) is one of the highlights of this record. Mac pleads and advice with a friend not to mislead his girlfriend – “Tell here that you love her, if you really love her/But if your heart just ain’t sure, let her go”. Musically, it has everything we know and love from Mac – great guitar lines all over, funky bass, some grooving drums and his great melodies. It’s another one of those catchy, fun and beautiful songs Mac is known for.

SONG COUNT: 203

(I like the red formatting I’m bringing it back)

Next up is TheSheepQueen with a perfectly timed pack that will surely happen before they leave Europe!

Mr. Person
                      Participant

Next up is TheSheepQueen with a perfectly timed pack that will surely happen before they leave Europe!

Doesn’t seem so perfectly timed to me.

MrPrezident

Doesn’t seem so perfectly timed to me.

Let’s not share passive aggressive comments, thanks

Keeping the content Canadian since 2017!

SomeOldGuys: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/someoldguys
                          MrPrezident: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/MrPrezident

TheSheepQueen
                          Participant

Look, I know it’s ironic to do a joke on Brexit and have people wait on you, but you know how communication is eh.

So here is For Britain Only Part 2, which was for the occasion renamed For UK Only Part 2 (But mostly because it’s UK artists now).

P9eUWgg.jpg

Here is a fun sorta post-punk song you might remember from a video game featuring rabbits, or from a phone company advert if you’re french. Open Book isn’t even a single from the album, but it definitely is the most recognizable track with its catchy hook.

nuY2xQ0.jpg

Souvenir is another OMD hit, and another french company advert music. The song is very chill and will surely put you on a little cloud, I tried to recreate that feeling with the venue.

2nOppkn.jpg

Yes, here it is, that one song you would have thought to be official DLC since release, but never happened, so here it is now, the best song the 60s never wrote!

DEkKtu3.jpg

Gorillaz’s last album is full of great discoveries, and Tranz is the definition of a space jam. Now we have yet to figure if it is about drugs or masturbation, or both. Who knows, it’s 2-D.

rxHt1zw.jpg

The lack of Aphex Twin in the game is perfectly understandable, due to the complexity of his music. Nonetheless, here is one of the best tracks from the SAW albums, that rap heads might recognize as the sample in Ugly Boy by Die Antwoord, which has a black Aphex Twin cameo amongst the other stars.

All of the above authored by yours truly.

SONG COUNT: 208

Next up is BornGamerRob who will bring us a song that surely isn’t by british decoration magazine Living North!

Vinny Reed
                            Participant

Finally something from The Now Now

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 390 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Back to top button