chained snare drums notes/hits (red note)

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hardcoredrummer
    Participant

Hey can someone help me with the chained snare sections of a few songs?

So does it matter if you hit them right cause they are chained?

I feel like that’s for buzz or closed drum rolls?

I’ve seen some with different note or speeds of sections of hits.

But for scoring sake can you do multiple hits until the chain ends?

I think i’ve seen this more common with cymbal swells…

Also any advice on mesh heads for rock band vs rubber/silicone?

The Aftermath
      Participant

I know on RB3 if you hit them normally or even offbeat, in my playthrough on Wii. You could manage to hit less notes than usual. Same for other instruments.

For Phase shift you need to hit every of them tho…

I don’t know for other console how the hitting box is

hardcoredrummer
        Participant

can anyone shine a light on this for me thanks

If by chained you mean rolls, you only need to hit the notes at a certain time interval, I can’t remember exactly how much miliseconds but you only need to hit the first note and then keep hitting the pad at a certain interval, the notes don’t really matter. It’s the same for tremolo strumming, swells, trills and glissandos.

For the mesh pad question, if you have the cash to spend on mesh pads, just buy mesh pads, it’s really a no brainer.

hardcoredrummer
          Participant

thanks. is there a difference for snare rolls to those cymbal swells? cymbal swells seem to have to be hit exactly as charted with the roll marker lane color thing or multiplier ends. from what i can tell. example flagpole sitter harvery danger and bon jovi blaze of glory.

but with the snare one it seems different. are they different when setting up in reaper? the snare ones have like a grey or silver tab at the start and finish and they have various notes inside it’s colored path which to your comment seems like you don’t have to hit them accurately. it’s hard for me to tell as the few examples of the top of my head don’t even seem like they need to have the roll marker thing…i remember one that had a huge gap between hits but can’t think of the song

bon jovi always and burning heart by survivor have them for snares…assume when you see these they are double stroke rolls or buzz rolls…

as for mesh pads i just bought a roland to use as a snare on my yamaha kit. it’s good for the snare not sure it i’d replace everything else with mesh. not now anyway and for no brainer yeah suppose that’s still preference based. i always thought they were too bouncy before but i’m really digging it now…

The only different with swells is instead of having to hit the first note, you have to hit the 2 first notes (one for each pad). It’s the same for trills.

Each pad has to be hit every X miliseconds. Maybe someone knows the exact time, iirc it was around 70ms or less, but don’t quote me on this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button