C3X World Tour: Leg Two, Week Nine: St. Patrick’s Day Celebration

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    nsw1-6
    Participant

C3X WORLD TOUR

THE SECOND LEGGING

WEEK NEIN

St. Patrick’s Day Celebration

Hello everyone, this week is in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, and here we celebrate with some additional songs along with those by bands from the Ireland itself.

First we have our openers:
      9hnlfuszu9lhz9h6g.jpg
      Audio Source Lineage: 1972 Quadrophonic Mix -> Audacity -> New Mixdown

This track I have been sitting on for a while, and was supposed to go with my first batch of Moody Blues, but those harmonies were oof… Anyway, take a crack at this fast-short classic

One track from Bansheeflyer:

c94hACI.jpg

Video Preview

For those of you who are only familiar with the singles off this album, “Beer Goggles” is less of the slow, psychedelic “Walkin’ On the Sun” and more of the fast-paced ska-like “Why Can’t We Be Friends”. The lyrics are silly, the guitar is fast, and the vocals are tricky but overall the excellent party song you come to expect from Smash Mouth. Just make sure your keyboardist is doubling on vocals, there’s not much for them to do otherwise!

And some tracks from MrPrezident with words in tow:

ZIi725C.jpg
      DOWNLOAD /

Thin Lizzy “Jailbreak”

Drums by AJFOne
      Five long years spent in earnest had finally paid off with their sixth album, Jailbreak. Twenty-six year old singer and bassist Phil Lynott was the star. Flanked by two genuine gunslingers in 20 year old guitarists Brian Robertson and 25 year old Scott Gorham, Thin Lizzy went from uninvited guest to new leaders of the pack almost overnight, yet fell to the wayside almost as quickly when health and management problems stalled their dreams of conquering American stages in the summer heat wave of ’76.
      This custom has been re-authored from scratch, now includes multi-tracks and rhythm guitar on keys.
      ne0BHLC.jpg
      Kool & The Gang “Hollywood Swinging”
      The influence of Kool and the Gang upon the ’70s generation — kids who lived out their formative teenage years in the early part of that decade — is incalculable, and that impact has something to do with the down-home but futuristic quality of the group’s music and the super-populist temper of the era. The premise of the band’s 1973 track “Hollywood Swinging” is that a guy goes to see Kool and the Gang and becomes a “bad piano-playing man” with the very jazz-funk ensemble he has idolized. Newly successful, the band goes to Hollywood, where they take a realistic view of the possibilities of the big city and foresee nothing but a party ahead: “So here I am in this Hollywood city / The city of the stars, movies, women and cars,” they sing.
      iOC8gbX.jpg
      King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard “Nuclear Fusion”
      King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard are a testament to the liberating power of giving yourself restrictions. Whether its making every song on an album the exact same length (2015’s Quarters), or constructing an entire album to connect in an infinite loop (2016’s Nonagon Infinity), to putting out five complete albums in a single year (2017), the Aussie armada thrive on a symbiotic relationship between governing principles and disorder.
      Named after a guitar that front-man Stu Mackenzie built himself (loosely resembling a banana), the album “Flying Microtonal Banana” was created on a number of instruments that were modified to include quarter tones. “Nuclear Fusion” is essential listening for any fan of weirdo rock’n’roll.
      QUrnko2.jpg
      NOFX “The Longest Line”
      Drums by BobQuentok
      “The Longest Line EP” was a minor career milestone for NOFX, it was their first release on FAT Wreck, the first album with guitarist El Hefe and the first taste of the irreverent and original material that would follow later. The title track “Longest Line” is out of step (at the time) from the usual skatepunk that had carried the band to that point. In some ways, NOFX has written the book on punk rock, looked up to by contemporaries the same way that they admired the Misfits, the Descendents and Bad Religion.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

For our main attraction today, we have natives (well, half of the group is) and probably the most well-known band from Ireland, U2. After C3thon, I had the idea to do a third pack for this group based on “Time” for New Year’s. Of course that was a pipe-dream and ever since I have tried to figure out a way to work something out of it. Here is a cannibalized selection of the original list; the remains to be released whenever they are finished.
      Thanks to FatHa1p3rt for OD on all songs, except the 2nd/3rd tracks, and ejthedj for manual reductions/5-lane Keys, OD on the 2nd/3rd tracks
      g6kcagdfvnwe4fk6g.jpg
      Audio Source Lineage: 2008 Remaster CD
      One of the band’s earliest and their first album single, a very simple post-punk tune making use of heavy delay effects and tape speed. Here is an upgrade what originally started as a drum chart I submitted for the Frets on Fire Forums Drum Project 6; been sitting on it for a while.
      8jqi14nb5an9cs56g.jpg
      Video Preview
      Audio Source Lineage: Original 1984 CD
      Keeping up with the punkish theme of the album seeped in war, violence and redemption, this track focuses more on the anti-Cold War zeitgeist. Here Bono laments the danger that comes with nuclear weapons and how hair-trigger politics still kept fingers near the button. The band hasn’t played this track live since their tour for the album in 1983-84.
      3co7pitr3bboyoe6g.jpg
      Audio Source Lineage: Original 1993 CD
      Here is one of my personal favorites and a staple off the Zoo TV tour, dedicated to underground writer Charles Bukowski who died shortly after the release of this album, although many of the lyrical phrases are taken from Bono’s own father. It features one of the few direct synth contributions from Brian Eno on the album.
      2n1hq5ave444v3l6g.jpg
      Audio Source Lineage: 1997 CD
      The second single from this underrated album, this song takes some of its lyrical roots in the psychedelic sense to beg for peace and understanding, akin to the band’s earlier single “One”. The band had three (THREE) music videos made for this song and still played it live well into the Elevation Tour in 2001 as an acoustic rendition. Said rendition was resurrected in 2018.
      8nahuo4bgfw6b606g.jpg
      Audio Source Lineage: 2009 CD
      Truth be told this was the first or second song I ever attempted charting, way back in summer of 2009 using Feedback (god, I feel old). The resulting guitar chart is now lost to the aether, but I decided to give it ago when one of our fellow C3 authors wanted to see the track as a custom, so here it is.

This one is missing harmonies for now, to be added later

ENJOY,
      Rock on, :rock:
      and Party(?) Hard :barf:

Harrug
      Participant

Awesome collection for St. Paddy’s day! Aside from the awesome U2, I am really looking forward to the Thin Lizzy and Moody Blues. Thanks to all involved!

nsw1-6
        Participant

Updated with a track form Bansheeflyer

MrPrezident

Always nice to have more U2 and thanks a TON for that Smashmouth song, never heard it before, its great!

Happy St. Patty’s day everyone

Keeping the content Canadian since 2017!

SomeOldGuys: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/someoldguys
            MrPrezident: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/MrPrezident

Bansheeflyer

Awesome release guys! Some great U2 in there!

…thanks a TON for that Smashmouth song, never heard it before, its great!

Thank you Prez, it’s not my favorite Smash Mouth track ever but it was really fun to chart. Thank you for the preview video as always!

My roommate and i are super excited for some King Gizzard! Thanks for the awesome set everyone!

rezavakili
              Participant

Best St. Patrick’s day ever. Thank you thank you thank you for all the U2 tracks. I am in heaven.

Atruejedi
                Participant

Lots of unexpected, awesome releases today. Acquired at least four! Thanks, everybody.

FujiSkunk
                  Keymaster

Great stuff. Thank you especially for the Moody Blues!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button