C3 CON Tools v4.0.0 [01/25/18]

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,150 total)
  • Author
    Jerry1gman
    Participant

What’s new?

v1.3.0 – added Visualizer! Just drag and drop your song into it and save the image locally and/or to imgur.com in seconds!

Great program! I have a couple of requests;

My passion is with the pro guitar/bass/drums and playing them on real instruments. What would make it easier to jump into a song with a “tune-able guitar” is knowing what tune it is before playing said song. (What is listed in the trainer and what comes down to the left of the highway isn’t always right.) For an example, with the Pantera This Love that was recently released. I watched it first, looks like standard E chords. Restart, start playing, and my guitar sounds nothing like it. Now I have to research the popular tunings for the song. There is already a spreadsheet of the official RB3 CD and DLC https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjEVHQ4TM-PgdGR5dHloNHpqRnA2cWlJNXdPZFktTWc&usp=sharing&authkey=CLKzu6MD That I contribute to.

However, my request is for the ability to display the tuning of the lead, rhythm and bass guitar on your Visualizer. (And maybe in the C3 song database as well?)

My second request is much more complicated, a wizard.

Once again this a great program!

TrojanNemo
      Participant

However, my request is for the ability to display the tuning of the lead, rhythm and bass guitar on your Visualizer. (And maybe in the C3 song database as well?)

can I do it? yes. will i do it? I doubt it. there are very few who would benefit from it. but to integrate it I would have to completely alter the template we’re using since there is absolutely no space to have that information displayed.

unless I get more requests for the same, AND someone can suggest a good way to display it without looking out of place, i don’t see it happening. sorry.

espher
        Participant

Would be a great inclusion for a song information tool at some point in the far flung future, but it definitely doesn’t fit on the visualizer, especially for its current/intended usage.

TrojanNemo
          Participant

I think we’re thinking of a different tool though.

I don’t doubt there’s a need for a tool to quickly look at ALL the information for a song. but this is not it. the more things we throw at the image the less “easy to read” it becomes.

espher
            Participant
              I think we’re thinking of a different tool though.

I don’t doubt there’s a need for a tool to quickly look at ALL the information for a song. but this is not it. the more things we throw at the image the less “easy to read” it becomes.

Right.

Jerry1gman
              Participant

I completely agree.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best solution.

Currently I have a spreadsheet on my amp. It’s so much easier to give that to my drummer and say “I’m currently in drop D, pick any of those songs”

PikminGuts92
                Participant

I had that same request for the database. The problem is that for official songs, the tuning that is listed in the DTA may be a full step higher (Aerials might be the one I’m thinking of). I assume HMX does this so that the chords are easier to read in-game. Similar to how most guitar tutorial videos on Youtube will have the guy refer to strings as their default note even in alternate tuning (Which I find super annoying). The thing is, this game is designed for beginners.

Having trouble making a package using the package creator.

I’m trying to compile DLC I bought off the rockband store, (individual tracks from the moving pictures album that I bought individually for some stupid reason)

and the package is having the following issues compiling

-Trying to unlock the package

-Error unlocking the package

-Trying to sign the package

and then then the program never finishes the package.

I’ve used this program to successfully combine RBN tracks, is there just something about regular DLC?

Has this issue been seen before?

TrojanNemo
                  Participant

no there is no difference between official, rbn or custom songs in file structure as far as Le Fluffie is concerned. it should be working. but I haven’t seen that happen. so you’ll need to troubleshoot it a little and see if you can figure out what’s causing it so I can fix it. but if it can’t unlock the package that usually means it can’t access the file. try building to the same folder where the input files are and make sure there’s no restrictions on file access (i.e. not in c:windows or c:program files.

raynebc
                    Participant

Or the root of the system volume (ie. C:).

Moving le fluffie and the song files to a new folder on the root of my drive solved the problem.

The song files were already in a folder on the root of the drive, but there was another folder in the folder with the song files, perhaps this is why le fluffie crashed?

Thanks C:

Is it possible to add a feature that will take a CON and the PRO and combine them together while updating the songs.dta?

TrojanNemo
                      Participant

Sure. I’ll add it to the to do list for next update

While you’re so amenable, perhaps you could have a feature to add PRO and PRO HARMONIES (RBHP) and do the necessary magic to spit out the final updated CON?

TrojanNemo
                        Participant

I’ll have to look at how to merge midi files before I can guarantee that I can do that though. Its a bit different tham anything I’ve done so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,150 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Back to top button