C3 CON Tools v4.0.0 [01/25/18]

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 1,150 total)
  • Author
    TrojanNemo
    Participant

What? Try that again please. No clue what you’re asking.

From what I gathered, the RBHP files are loading additional data, kind of like loading the pro guitar DLC, not changing the original song file.

espher
      Participant
        From what I gathered, the RBHP files are loading additional data, kind of like loading the pro guitar DLC, not changing the original song file.

Make fake songs.dta file.

Put fake songs.dta file into dummy CON file.

Game loads dummy CON file, puts fake songs.dta information into song cache. No .mid, audio, album art, etc, so you the song won’t load.

Introduce original DLC again.

Game loads original CON file, says “oh hold on I have another file with this info, and it still exists”, game doesn’t overwrite fake songs.dta information into song cache.

Delete dummy CON file.

Boot game up, game uses fake songs.dta info in cache but finds real CON for audio, .mid, album art, etc.

On song startup, sees fake songs.dta info saying there is a harmony part, can’t find harmony part in original file, looks for matching upgrade record, loads upgrade.

I think that’s as simple as I can put it.

I also do not understand what Stack is discussing.

TrojanNemo
        Participant

Here’s an update with the few fixes I had been working on on my end.

Since I don’t have nearly as much time to test things anymore I’m going to be keeping current version and one version prior on the OP for the time being going forward just in case I fuck up too badly, there’s the previous version to fall back on.

v3.4.7
          MIDI CLEANER
          - Fixed handling / fixing of lyrics with spaces in them so no more crashing with them
          - Better way of grabbing lyrics when they have spaces in them to get correct lyrics

MIDI ANALYZER
          - Improved exporting of lyrics when lyrics had spaces in them

UPGRADE BUNDLER
          - By default bundled files will be changed to RB3 game ID rather than preserve the old game ID - you can disable this (not recommended) under Options
          - Changed behavior to be clearer when an old CON doesn't have a Song ID entry in the DTA file
          - Added displaying of internal name for songs and upgrades
          - Updated Help doc to reflect possible conflict with RBHP files - read this or you will have a bad time trying to merge RBHP + Pro Upgrade into your CON

QUICK PACK EDITOR
          - Fixed repacking of edited packs (broken in v3.4.6 while having too much fun improving dePACKing)

CON EXPLORER
          - Fixed bug that would mistake some songs for packs when clicking Visualize!
          - Improved displaying of song ID information for packs, pro upgrades, and old CON files without song IDs in their DTA files

GENERAL
          - Added unique instance check to ensure only one instance of C3 CON Tools is running at a time to prevent file access errors and crashes
          - Removed warning prompt telling you that C3 CON Tools requires at least 1366x768 resolution for some of its features. But keep it in mind!

Make fake songs.dta file.

Put fake songs.dta file into dummy CON file.

Game loads dummy CON file, puts fake songs.dta information into song cache. No .mid, audio, album art, etc, so you the song won’t load.

Introduce original DLC again.

Game loads original CON file, says “oh hold on I have another file with this info, and it still exists”, game doesn’t overwrite fake songs.dta information into song cache.

Delete dummy CON file.

Boot game up, game uses fake songs.dta info in cache but finds real CON for audio, .mid, album art, etc.

On song startup, sees fake songs.dta info saying there is a harmony part, can’t find harmony part in original file, looks for matching upgrade record, loads upgrade.

I think that’s as simple as I can put it.

Makes sense to me.

Hi there Nemo. I used the midi cleaner on Vocals for MrMet songs. It no longer blanks out multiple syllables as I previously reported. It also appeared to fix most of the punctuation as far as I can tell. I’m not super familiar with vocals. Until recently I never even played vocals once. I checked lyrics with export from midi analyzer. The very first word in all MrMet tracks was missing. I looked in Reaper and it was capilatized. Due to my inexperience with vocals, I’m only guessing that is not a problem with the tool. As far as I can tell all the things the tool did strangely , now worked on the tracks I looked at. I hope this small amount of info helps. Thank you for the hard work on all these tools. It is appreciated very much.

Don’t really know where to put this:

A ticket concerning “The Devil Went Down To Georgia” was assigned to me and it turns out there isn’t a problem with the x360 version of the song – there is a problem with the PSh version of the song.

I don’t know who generates them and how. Farottone said bluzer does maybe? Not sure if it’s a problem with c3 con tools (are those used to make Wii/PSh versions?) or if it’s a human error.

Alright, i fixed it.

TrojanNemo
          Participant

Good stuff. Thanks.

Alright, i fixed it.

Thanks from me as well

I dont know how I ever lived without this tool!

So this is kinda off topic in relation to C3CON tools, but since I’ve been wondering this.

Since support is back on the these, is there any chance support is gonna be resumed for Magma C3?

TrojanNemo
            Participant

Magic 8 Ball says: Not Likely.

I have no plans to get back to Magma or time to do so. If and when I get some free time I have to work on C3 CON Tools. Magma is way way low on my priority list.

Anything you think needs fixing or adding, you might want to post it on the Magma thread, so eventually whenever somebody does get back to working on it, whether me or another admin, it’s where we/they will look. Not this thread.

It wasn’t so much as I had an issue or anything in particular that I wanted adding, I just wanted to know if you were going back to it. But alas, whatever you do is ok.

TrojanNemo
              Participant

I know there are shortcomings and a few bugs with Magma, I’m not oblivious to that. But working on Magma takes a certain kind of inner peace and concentration I just don’t have at the moment. I’m glad I was able to take HMX’s Magma and make the improvements I did, but man is that program complex and annoying as hell.

I much prefer working on C3 CON Tools :dance:

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 1,150 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button