C3 Automation Tools

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 419 total)
  • Author
    AJFOne23
    Participant

I started a project months ago using Reaper 3.78. I finished it recently using 4.22 but when I try to run any CAT scripts it does nothing. You can pull up the menu but once you submit anything it just dissapears and no changes are made. It doesn’t happen on my other more recent projects. I restarted my computer but that made no difference. Any ideas?

Farottone
      Keymaster

Are you sure your project is complying with all the requirements?

AJFOne23
        Participant

I charted a song that starts off modest but ends at double speed. Unfortunately the tempo I started with when doubled at the end exceeds 300. I managed to fudge one area to keep the whole song under 300 but the BEAT track is way too fast and the animations are in fast forward at the end. I used CAT to create a beat track and then halved the notes to try to fix the animations but every time I try to compile it I get this error.

“BEAT track stops at [348] before end event at [349]”

It doesn’t go away no matter how many extra beat notes I inculde. The only thing that works is when I added back the beat notes at normal intervals which gives me the goofy animation.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3zaff … Spirit.RPP

Farottone
          Keymaster

Not a CAT issue, you need to add a Beat note more. A halved beat track still requires that a beat note is no more than a quarter away from the [end] event.

AJFOne23
            Participant
              Not a CAT issue, you need to add a Beat note more. A halved beat track still requires that a beat note is no more than a quarter away from the [end] event.

Worked like a charm :rock:

bbsrtrain
              Participant

I’m having a similar problem. I went through and was going to do chart reductions but when I got the window up and went through the options, I didn’t have a reduction button on the bottom. I went into the drums one and it had it but I’m not totally sure where or how the reduction work/go. My BPM is on 115-118 and I have all my markers. The windows also stay open after I hit to reduce them, I saw that it said they should close. I’m just a tad confused. I could reduce it myself but this would definitely help.

Farottone
                Keymaster

You probably have illegal notes in your chart.

bbsrtrain
                  Participant

What would an Illegal note constitute as? Just trying to think on the fly of what I could have in the charts that would be illegal notes.

TrojanNemo
                    Participant

That would be a note that paid someone to sneak it over the border from Mexico and got past border patrol.

Farottone
                      Keymaster
                        What would an Illegal note constitute as? Just trying to think on the fly of what I could have in the charts that would be illegal notes.

Anything that’s not marked as a note in the template.

bbsrtrain
                        Participant

Anything that’s not marked as a note in the template.

So would a solo marker count in this? I just checked and all I have in my bass file is the expert charting with the hopo markers and the guitar has the same with the solo marker. Drums I went through and did each drum animation for the hi-hats, toms, etc. It wouldn’t be because of the solo tracks in the part windows could it?

Farottone
                          Keymaster

So would a solo marker count in this? I just checked and all I have in my bass file is the expert charting with the hopo markers and the guitar has the same with the solo marker. Drums I went through and did each drum animation for the hi-hats, toms, etc. It wouldn’t be because of the solo tracks in the part windows could it?

Not really. Best bet is to compile the song with either no reductions or with a copypaste of X on all levels and see what Magma detects. The error you’re describing means that something in your project is not technically correct and that’s something Magma should fail on.

bbsrtrain
                            Participant

Alright. Could I do that through Magma now being that I have 3/5 parts charted or should I go through the Vox and 5 lane keys on expert.

Farottone
                              Keymaster
                                Alright. Could I do that through Magma now being that I have 3/5 parts charted or should I go through the Vox and 5 lane keys on expert.

Sure, you can just export drums and compile that.

A Another idea that will be to hard to add or never happen, anyway it would be cool to see pro guitar or bass to left hand animation, as it can look over the pro guitar chart to look if a note is lower or high and stuff, it would be cool to see, but i’m sure this won’t happen.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 419 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Back to top button