C3 Automation Tools

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 419 total)
  • Author
    C16

I was under the assumption that I needed to open Reaper, open the Customs RB3 template, then insert the midi. It always looked wrong to me but I’ve never used it for charting, only chart previewing, I never worried about it.

C16

Ok, I think I’ve got the hang of this now thanks to trojannemo! At the moment, I’m trying to do reductions on a pro keys song, but it doesn’t seem to work the same way. Should I do this part differently in any way?

Farottone
        Keymaster

5-lane autoreductions work for 5-lane instruments. Pro keys reductions can’t be automated, you need to use the various commands to help you reduce them.

C16

Ok, for now, I’ll just stick to reducing songs and adding missing animations until I learn some of that other stuff and play with Magma. I’m mostly interested in getting songs I’ve seen posted up before but were X Only, hopefully working with this will lean me more towards actually doing my own stuff and understanding all this better.

It’s a pretty damn awesome set of tools and I’ll definitely be using it often! Big thanks to farratone for this and to nemo for teaching me a bit about Reaper!

C3 Automation Tools (CAT)

What do I need?

Reaper 4.x (Reaper 3.x will sometimes work, but all code has been tailored for 4.x)

Python (2.x) (Python 3.x will sometimes work, but all code has been tailored for 2.x)

….

– Are you using Reaper 3.x and Python 2.x? If not, CAT may fail (ask in this thread about options for Reaper 4)

So which Reaper should we be using here, 3.x or 4.x? I can’t seem to get 4.02 to recognize my installation of Python 2.7x at all. And there’s no way to browse to the directory beneath the “Enable ReaScript” option.

Farottone
            Keymaster

4.22 is the most reliable.

Yup, worked immediately. Looks like I have no excuses for expert-only guitar any more!

:excited:

KyleJCrb
              Participant

This is incredible. Does the animation this provides differ at all from what occurs when building a song without animations in Magma?

ws54
                Participant

On Drums, yes. Probably about 95% accurate. Just take a couple minutes afterwards and clean up the rest.

funkydunkleman
                  Participant

This is pants-shittingly ridiculous.

I just ran a song I had only done expert guitar/drums on and wow just like that easy-medium-hard. I know it’s not 100% perfect, but my god the hours this will save.

And the phrase creator! All I have to do is add a fucking @ sign and it does it for me!? Overdrive too!

Beats! drum animations! A bunch of lyric tools!

I know exchanging money here is forbidden, but what about gifts? Farottone, what do you need? I have many things I could offer you. A used copy of Guitar Hero World Tour, a kidney, a used copy of RB Track Pack 2, you name it!

C16

I’m having trouble reducing a song on guitar. When I try to Reduce 5 lane on guitar, I press the button and it stays depressed while Reaper tries to process it. When it does, the button pops back up and nothing happens. Easy remains a strumfest, for example. I don’t know why it won’t reduce like all the other songs I’ve done. Here’s the Reaper project, if someone could look at it and let me know what’s happening so I can fix it, I’d appreciate it!

http://www.mediafire.com/view/dkqplqozd … gether.RPP

Also, after converting a few older songs and cleaned up some incorrect info in the dta (game source rb2, for example), the song loses its camera cuts. Is this just due to laziness from way back in the original rba days?

Oddbrother
                      Participant

A suggestion in the static vocals area:

Let the user decide if they want to split phrases in HARM2 using existing lyric shift notes from either PART VOCALS, HARM1 or in its own track. If any lyric shift notes exist in its own track, prompt the user. The notes will be deleted if the user continues, but they will be used to split phrases if desired before they are deleted.

There may be lyric capitalization issues, but that can be resolved with existing tools if need be.

Good job

needed the substained cleaner for some old half broken charts.

tried the EMHX thing and it works pretty well but after couple uses it crashes(pops up a blank window) and i have to restart REAPER to make it work again.

REAPER 4.32 and python 2.72 btw.

Good job

needed the substained cleaner for some old half broken charts.

tried the EMHX thing and it works pretty well but after couple uses it crashes(pops up a blank window) and i have to restart REAPER to make it work again.

REAPER 4.32 and python 2.72 btw.

well ived been using half of a day testing and getting to know CAT and it works fine with 4.32 when done right. So thanks to Farottone people can now play easy notes that doesnt give one inch of sense to what the music plays.

Its mostly the substain cleanup i needed

again thanks and gj

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 419 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button