C3 Automation Tools

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 419 total)
  • Author
    StackOverflow0x
    Participant

Rats. That did it. It was actually not generating Medium and Easy so that makes sense.

Finally got it working. Thanks for these Farottone. Adding full difficulties and editing Magma’s drum animations are usually a pain and I always feel my songs aren’t the best they can be without them.

what about reaper 4.71? you said to ask about reaper 4. cat doesnt seem to be working. the command box pops up then i click on one of them then it goes away. is that what it is supposed to do?

I’m having trouble getting the scripts to install for me. I installed python and enabled it in REAPER, then added CAT.py from the extracted CAT files. Everything worked up to this point, but when I double click CAT.py in the action list it gives me this error:

I tried looking around on google about Tcl errors but I couldn’t find anything that fixed my issue. I also tried editing the init file in my python folder to require the version of Tcl that it told me it needed. This seemed to make the init function as it should (no error when I try to open it), but didn’t fix my reaper issue.

Is my installation of python just messed up? Should I just clear out all the python stuff I have and start with a fresh install? I also tried installing python 2.6 on top of my 2.7 but that didn’t seem to do anything either.

Farottone
      Keymaster

No idea about Python honestly, I never saw that error before. It clearly looks like the installation is incomplete but after that I wouldn’t know.

Ok well that at least makes me feel better knowing this is unique and not coming from CAT at all. If I get it working I’ll post what I did in case anyone else ever gets this error.

Yup completely uninstalling and reinstalling python fixed it, should have tried that first I guess.. thanks for the quick reply regardless

How exactly do you get the cat reduction to work?

I’m actually also having a weird issue with drum reductions. Some CAT functions work (like creating a BEAT track, and creating animation events), but others like automatic drum reductions/animations don’t. I press the button to execute the command and the window doesn’t disappear, it just does nothing (except on the Reductions pop-up window, all the checkboxes get unchecked).

The thing that’s weird is on the first song I created – with CAT’s help – I had absolutely no issues. This is my second song and suddenly some thing don’t work… I can’t think of anything that’s changed, I’m pretty sure I did everything the same as before (no weird characters, have the “music_end/end” events, still using the same versions of Reaper/Python, etc)…

Farottone
        Keymaster
          I’m actually also having a weird issue with drum reductions. Some CAT functions work (like creating a BEAT track, and creating animation events), but others like automatic drum reductions/animations don’t. I press the button to execute the command and the window doesn’t disappear, it just does nothing (except on the Reductions pop-up window, all the checkboxes get unchecked).

The thing that’s weird is on the first song I created – with CAT’s help – I had absolutely no issues. This is my second song and suddenly some thing don’t work… I can’t think of anything that’s changed, I’m pretty sure I did everything the same as before (no weird characters, have the “music_end/end” events, still using the same versions of Reaper/Python, etc)…

If you went through the checklist in the OP and didn’t find anything wrong, post the RPP.

If you went through the checklist in the OP and didn’t find anything wrong, post the RPP.

Never mind! Just found it – somehow a stray note got accidentally placed in the lane between “Solo Marker” and “EXPERT Green”… got rid of it and now everything works. Praise Jeebus! (thanks anyways)

Could that be causing your issues too, TheBrownOneJT ??

Never mind! Just found it – somehow a stray note got accidentally placed in the lane between “Solo Marker” and “EXPERT Green”… got rid of it and now everything works. Praise Jeebus! (thanks anyways)

Could that be causing your issues too, TheBrownOneJT ??

I don’t think that is my problem. Could you message me clumsy and help me out with it? I would appreciate it a lot

edudu
          Participant

do i need to know something about programs to use these tools ? , im new making customs so i don’t understand at all, i have Reaper v4.62 and Python 2.7, but i dont know how to open the CAT tools , i just want to do reductions on EMH but i dont know how to open it, just when i try it, nothing happen :confused:

Farottone
            Keymaster
              do i need to know something about programs to use these tools ? , im new making customs so i don’t understand at all, i have Reaper v4.62 and Python 2.7, but i dont know how to open the CAT tools , i just want to do reductions on EMH but i dont know how to open it, just when i try it, nothing happen :confused:

Go through the checklist in the opening post and if you have excluded all common issues listed post the project.

edudu
              Participant

i checked what mistake i did, now, i could open CAT tools, but, when im trying to use reductions guitar and bass, the ticks on all the squares disappear and nothing happens.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 419 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button