C3 Automation Tools

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 419 total)
  • Author
    Farottone
    Keymaster
      So like, why isn’t there any way to account for any accidental 3-handed parts on Drums? Or more commonly, why can’t 3-limbed parts on drums be reduced out of Medium and Easy in any way at all? Auto reductions don’t catch it and none of the combinations of tools account for just that without impacting the whole chart.

Because CAT is a set of “pro” tools, meaning it doesn’t account for errors that would break Magma anyway. It would have required too much effort to catch every single possible issue with the charts and 3 handed parts on drums is not a simple and common mistake enough that is present on most charts and warrant an automated pass. Besides, the command would have no way of knowing which hits are to be kept.

Could you please add support for CAT to do 5 lane drums for downcharting?

Farottone
      Keymaster
        Could you please add support for CAT to do 5 lane drums for downcharting?

I don’t think I understand the request.

Guitar Hero drum charts.

Farottone
        Keymaster
          Guitar Hero drum charts.

GH charts need to be checked manually anyway. You need to place pro markers, you need to only move Y crashes to G and not Y hi hats, you need to remap fills to take advantage of the Y toms but only for the fills, etc. Nothing of that can be automated unfortunately.

Guitar Hero drum charts.

GH charts need to be checked manually anyway. You need to place pro markers, you need to only move Y crashes to G and not Y hi hats, you need to remap fills to take advantage of the Y toms but only for the fills, etc. Nothing of that can be automated unfortunately.

Ok.

I got a idea for something that would make Venues making easier, could it be possible to add something to split the camera views and lighting to a different track so it would make it easier to do lighting and camera.

So then you don’t get like 1000 next events and would make it so much easier to edit generated ones.

Farottone
          Keymaster

I have to say Venue editing is not something I work on, sorry. The time I have to work on CAT is also very very limited (as in almost none) so it really needs to be an absolutely useful addition for me to consider setting some time aside for it.

I have to say Venue editing is not something I work on, sorry. The time I have to work on CAT is also very very limited (as in almost none) so it really needs to be an absolutely useful addition for me to consider setting some time aside for it.

Ok, thank you for replying.

xzeldax3
            Participant

I’d like to give you a heads up on an issue I came across. After charting a song, I started using CAT like normal, but it wasn’t working correctly. What finally fixed it was renaming the mp3 I was using. The file name is “Umbrella (Feat. 윤하).mp3” so I think the Korean characters caused the issue. Just removing the characters from the track name in REAPER did not fix the issue, I had to go where my .rpp project was saved and rename the mp3 there.

I don’t know if Korean characters mess with Python, CAT, REAPER, or a combination of them (or if Japanese and Chinese cause the same issue).

Farottone
              Keymaster
                The file name is “Umbrella (Feat. 윤하).mp3” so I think the Korean characters caused the issue.

– Do your project folder or any of your audio tracks have special characters in it?

Yes, that’s one of the documented issues with Reaper.

xzeldax3
                Participant
                  The file name is “Umbrella (Feat. 윤하).mp3” so I think the Korean characters caused the issue.

– Do your project folder or any of your audio tracks have special characters in it?

Yes, that’s one of the documented issues with Reaper.

Thanks for the reply, I thought it was only an issue with midi files having special characters. I have a lot of re-naming to do in my “future projects” folder lol.

C16

Is there any reason CAT would just up and not load at all anymore? I haven’t used Reaper in a few months, changed/upgraded anything relating to it so I don’t know why it’s not loading any more.

Farottone
                    Keymaster
                      Is there any reason CAT would just up and not load at all anymore? I haven’t used Reaper in a few months, changed/upgraded anything relating to it so I don’t know why it’s not loading any more.

Not even the main window with all commands?

C16

No, it won’t even open. I have a button mapped to bring it up but it doesn’t work. I even opened up the Action List and tried loading it from there, nothing.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 419 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button