Blown Away – Carrie Underwood

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hey everyone, so I’ve been working on Blown Away by Carrie Underwood. Right now I have X Pro Drums and vocals/harmonies charted. I was wondering if anybody would be willing to Chart Keys?(Pro and Regular) I have no clue on how to chart those. I really don’t know how to chart guitar or bass(not even sure if there is a bass on this track) But the guitar is only 3 chords repeating the whole song so I think I can manage. If anyone is interested or just wants to play what I have let me know. I’ll upload the files later on when I’m at my computer with Reaper and all that.

ws54
    Participant

I’ve found that buying (or obtaining the sheet music) for a song helps tremendously. I hear a lot of subtle guitar in this song that will be difficult to chart without it. For example, have a look at this: http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/look_inside/19792995. You can almost transcribe the guitar notes into 5-lane from this. They want $20 for this because it is the whole album. I looked just for the song and could not find it except for something inferior.

Edit: Ah, wait, I think this is it: http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Blo … godVmQALw# for $3.99. Well worth the time savings and accuracy it gives you.

RyanHYK
      Participant

If you’re not up for paying for anything, I find the best way to do a keys chart is to find a good enough MIDI on the net and pretty much copy the section that you want to have as the keys. Not necessarily copy-paste, since you can pick up some stuff that can make the MIDI fail in Magma (happened to me in my first runs through “Money, Money, Money”). There’s a good amount of single notes in there, so a lot can be done by ear, at least what I can figure out.

Pluck Intro: A->A->C->A->A->C->A->A->C->C->E->C->C->E->C->C->B->B->D->B->B->D->B->B->B->B->D->B->B->D->B->B

Verses: E->A->C—->E->A->C—->D->G->B—->D->G->B->G->E

You know, seeing Carrie Underwood brought up on the boards almost makes me wanna drop a hint on a song I did for the 7/12 release.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button