Banshee’s Customs – 5/11/20: Never Gonna Give Up This Song

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 196 through 205 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    Bansheeflyer

I’d be interested to see what the stems are. I found some myself but they were from the demo/original single release so if you have some from the album release I’d love to have them.

murlatok
      Participant

I’d be interested to see what the stems are. I found some myself but they were from the demo/original single release so if you have some from the album release I’d love to have them.

i’ll play around with them – will let you know later

murlatok
        Participant

So i checked the stems out and it’s not the final mix unfortunately. Maybe with some extra-work they can be mastered closer to the album version, but i don’t have enough audio-engineering knowledge to do this unfortunately. So i guess we stumbled upon the same stems-pack.

Hi Banshee and friends, i m new on here, just learning how to do custom Rb3 songs. Its a small rope as i try to understand the mechanism. Over all, thank you for making this possible and supporting Banshee.

Bansheeflyer

Hello all,

This week in C3X sees the revisit of the Woodstock ’99 festival featuring hits songs of the 1990s! Though the ’90s are a decade I never really managed to find in my music radar I do have a small amount of artists that I really enjoy from that decade. Here’s an even smaller sample of those artists, enjoy!

Fw0MTFR.jpg

Short and fast, this final single from the Flood album is probably the closest song to a more “traditional” rock sound, a bit different from their typical odd-sounding jazzy fusion. The song references both The Young Fresh Fellows and The dB’s, two groups that influenced the sound of the track itself. While recording the song, guest drum machine programmer Alan Bezozi accidentally erased the entire drum track – frontman John Flansburgh then had to recreate the track from scratch.

4XadGXV.jpg

“Sure Shot” was the 3rd single off the popular Ill Communication album, featuring a catchy flute loop played by jazz flautist Jeremy Steig (fun fact, in Shrek Forever After the Pied Piper, also played by Steig, plays this loop). Otherwise it’s a typical Beastie Boys song with very boring, repetitive (yet somehow catchy) instruments. That being said, if you can find two pals to sing with you, you’ll have a blast. I promise.

There are four singers technically – Mike D, Ad Rock, MCA, and Mario Caldato. Since Mario’s lines are few and far between, the Beastie Boys share his duties.

w3RyAvW.jpg

Drums and venue by AJFOne23

From Vedder himself” It’s kind of about a lady, and she’s getting on in years, and she’s stuck in this small town. Small towns fascinate me: You either struggle like hell to get out, to some people want to stay ’cause then they’re the big fish in the small pond, and then others just kind of get stuck there. So here she is working in this little place, and then an old flame comes in…And then she sees him, and at first she doesn’t even remember who he is, and then she realizes who it is. She’s just too embarrassed to say ‘hello’.”

Despite never being released as a single, the song peaked at number 23 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks chart and number 17 on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart.

bX89d7L.jpg

The fifth single off the album, keyboardist Andrew Farriss wrote the song inspired by the birth of his newborn daughter. U2’s Bono performs guitar and backing vocals on the track. Recently the song appears to have made a resurgence, peaking at #77 on the ARIA Singles Chart in 2014.

As always thank you for stopping by to check out my customs!

Bansheeflyer

New customs incoming!

k5aPdaY.jpg

One of those “Oh, that song” moments, “Destination Unknown” was released in 1982 on Spring Session M, an anagram of the band’s name. The song saw moderate success, peaking at #42 of the Bilboard Hot 100 where it sat for 13 weeks.

This song was released for the C3X Tour 1 Finale. The song’s inspiring lyrical content consists of uncertainty about the future, not knowing what lies ahead but willing to keep on whatever that may be – something I felt fitting for the tour’s finale. An easy song to listen to and easier to play, the only real tricky parts are some drum fills by the talented but horribly underutilized Terry Bozzio. It makes an excellent warmup or party song!

6GmDNJ4.jpg

The departure of Scott Weiland and Chester Bennington left Stone Temple Pilots without a singer. The remaining members sought out a new singer, attracting over 15,000 applicants until they settled on Jeff Gutt, The X-Factor contestant and singer for nu-metal band Dry Cell. Many including myself have happily accepted Gutt as the new singer, sounding enough like Weiland to keep the STP sound going but also different enough to allow the band to grow differently. The band was back and with the Gutts to release a new album.

Stone Temple Pilots was the second self titled album, decidedly so as the band’s rebirth after Scott and Chester. “Meadow” was one of the many songs off the album that paid tribute to STP’s past vocalists, particularly Weiland. In fact, “Weiland” in Dutch means “meadow”.

The powerful chorus, a rocking bass, and upbeat tempo give the album more of a hard rock sound than the grunge STP’s been known for but “Meadow” still carries the signature sound that propelled the band into fame. It’s a lot of fun to play on every instrument, a great warmup song or for parties.

Did I also mention I absolutely love this album art?

Bansheeflyer

Hi all,

Quick update. The wonderful FujiSkunk came to me with a modified version of “Faith” that includes a count-in, vocal tonic, and an alternate stem mix that matches the original album mix a bit more. This version is also compatible with PS3 users.

To make sure you guys have the ability to enjoy both Rocker1999’s and FujiSkunk’s mixes I have added the link to FujiSkunk’s under the “other files” links while Rocker1999’s will remain as the main links. For clarification, the first “other files” link goes to the PS3-compatible CON of the original version, the second “other files” link goes to the modified Fuji version.

I plan on adding the count-in and vocal tonic to a future update of the Rocker version.

Thank you Fuji for this awesome iteration!

Bansheeflyer

Hello all!

One song this time, the first Chart-a-thon contribution from yours truly…

8P5j3Ym.jpg.

Collaborators:

yaniv297 – Bass, vocals

Huge thanks to yaniv for some last-minute charting so we could fit this song into his pack for Chart-a-thon!

Part of Neil’s opus magnum After the Gold Rush, “Don’t Let it Bring You Down” is a bittersweet theme of not letting the bad get to you, although the song appears to come off as sarcastic as much as it is meaningful. Amusingly the track was introduced by Neil on CSN&Y‘s Four Way Street album as, “Here is a new song, it’s guaranteed to bring you right down, it’s called ‘Don’t Let It Bring You Down’. It sorta starts off real slow and then fizzles out altogether.” Neil often plays this live as an acoustic arrangement (Live at Massey Hall 1971 is an excellent example).
                  The song has been covered many times from artists like Wolfmother, Manfred Mann’s Earth Band, Chris Cornell, The Hold Steady, Guns N’ Roses, and arguably most famously, Eurythmics’s former singer Annie Lennox.
                  It’s composed of many complex chords and tunings (the guitar is tuned to double drop C) and, while sounding hauntingly beautiful, was a pain in the butt to chart pro keys for. Generally easy to play but being an older folk-ish song it tends to not know whether it wants to swing or not so you’ll have to pay attention to when you need to hit those notes!
                  Enjoy!
                  Bansheeflyer

Hello all,

While it’s been a couple months since Neil Peart passed away he has been far from forgotten with our Rush Discography team working harder than ever to bring the talent of this wonderful drummer (along with Lee and Lifeson) to Rock Band. This release will consist of two songs with many, many more on the way.

6gbEKio.jpg

Contributors:

Guitar/Bass: Bansheeflyer, farottone

Drums: farottone, DoNotPassGo

Vocals: farottone, Bansheeflyer

Keys: Bansheeflyer, ejthedj

First up is a track from their 1989 album Presto, the first album to return to a more guitar-oriented sound. While their heavily prominent synth phase was left behind in the 80s Presto still had plenty of synth and piano including this track. While not one of the most technical songs it provides a very strong beat and an uplifting theme with one of the most inspiring outro choruses you’ll ever hear in music.

While not the greatest showcase of Peart’s talent it’s still one of my favorites. This track, along with the rest of the album, was a companion to me during a very difficult time in my life and I hold it dear to me. It’s a great song from a great album and a blast to play.

Y5mlBbx.jpg

Contributors:

Bass: farottone, Bansheeflyer

Drums: farottone, DoNotPassGo

One of the three instrumentals to come from Snakes & Arrows, “Malignant Narcissism” is a short but challenging track that offers a heavy guitar, tricky drum patterns, a powerful bass line, and mini-solos between the latter two instruments. It’s very similar to “YYZ” in composition sans the synth and guitar solo. With this track, Snakes & Arrows is now finally complete. Please give the whole album a download, I promise it’s quite fun!

As always thank you for your support. Peart may no longer be with us but his talent and his music will live on forever.

Bansheeflyer

EzFWxD0.jpg

This popped up on the Discord a while back and I remembered it was a thing a few days ago so I figured it would be a quick thing to push out while I work on other projects with my wonderful collaborators! Yes, it’s this song again but in a surprisingly soulful rendition. It’s almost its own follow-up to the original hit like a reminder of the love and affection of a matured relationship. It’s actually quite beautiful and while many alternate versions of songs tend to come and go, this one stuck with me quite a bit. Unlike its original version it’s not really great for parties but if you’re in a rather emotional mood it’s excellent for a solo keys/vox playlist.

Please enjoy!

Viewing 10 posts - 196 through 205 (of 205 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button